“Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Kensington, NH
“Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Ate there 2 of the 4 nights we were up, love this place! If you like fried shrimp definitely order that - 18 shrimp for $11.95? Perfectly cooked; sweet, tender, and med. sized. Got that both nights. Husband had veal parm one nite - not bad but not the best. Chicken parm for son, tender and perfectly cooked both times. Taste of Italy for hubby 2nd time, HUGE platter of food, everything perfect. Wait staff unbelievable friendly and attentive. Dinner for 3, 2 beers, and 1/2 carafe of wine was about $60, and we were stuffed! I cook, and I mean COOK at home, but if this place were closer we'd go once a week. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Visited July 2013

glen,New Hampshire
“Handy "to go" spot”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This pub is known as a local haven, but I've had the fortune to utilize it now as a pretty decent to go spot...Real solid pub grub, highlighted by what i consider the best burger I've had up in the White Mountains, a beefy 7 0z (it's called the Kennedy burger) oversized meatball served on a toasted bun with homecut french fries...The chicken parmesan platter was bountiful, and the potato skins were solid...value's the key word here, as the combination of the food quality and kitchen execution (quote time 15 minutes,came in 10, got served quickly with my MR burger just perfect) makes this spot a "to go" spot in Bartlett.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bearsfriend
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have a home in the area and spend about 5-10 days a month in the North Conway area. During a most recent trip, we went to the Scarecrow with another couple to celebrate a birthday. While we do live nearby, we also went in response to their ad in the paper for Prime Rib Special on Saturday night.
We arrived at the restaurant around six pm, and all four of us ordered prime rib. After a couple of minutes, the waitress came back and told us only two were available.
In disbelief, we questioned her about the fact that it was in the paper, it was only 6 PM, and it seem hard to believe that they were out.
She then told us that they actually had more, but that they were being held for customers who were coming in later, customers who "come in all the time".
Very disappointed that we were not allowed to order a meal because other potential customers, who supposedly "come in all the time" were coming later and it was being held back for them.
Unfortunate that, being in the area so many days a month, we could also have been customers who "come in all the time", but not after this trip.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SXMman
New Hampshire, USA
“Great food, friendly people, good pricepoint and loaded with history”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch yesterday and I've got to say everything was great. She hade the 5 oz burger, whcih was definitely larger than 5 ozs, and done exactly the wway she asked. Did I mention she's a trained chef and really 'deconstructs' what's being served and she loved it. Simple, tasty, well prepared and a great portion size at a good price. Mine was the chicken parm sub. The chciken breast was tasty, moist, and cooked just the way I like it. We are definitley going back because someone told me the Italian sub sandwich they serve there is so good that this someone has been driving all the way from New Jersey for the past 30 years and never fails to stop at the Scarecrow. Can't wait to try it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BillButtonwood
Bergenfield, New Jersey
“Been here many times and never disappointed”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

everytime we are in the area we find ourselves heading to the Scarecrow. The burgers, sandwiches, soups and stews are outstanding. The Crow Fries are the real star for me. I had a cup of chicken minestrone soup, an Italian Chicken Sandwich with Crow Fries, today. Outstanding

Visited February 2013