“Great food, friendly people, good pricepoint and loaded with history”
Review of Scarecrow Pub - CLOSED

Scarecrow Pub
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch yesterday and I've got to say everything was great. She hade the 5 oz burger, whcih was definitely larger than 5 ozs, and done exactly the wway she asked. Did I mention she's a trained chef and really 'deconstructs' what's being served and she loved it. Simple, tasty, well prepared and a great portion size at a good price. Mine was the chicken parm sub. The chciken breast was tasty, moist, and cooked just the way I like it. We are definitley going back because someone told me the Italian sub sandwich they serve there is so good that this someone has been driving all the way from New Jersey for the past 30 years and never fails to stop at the Scarecrow. Can't wait to try it.

1  Thank BillButtonwood

Reviewed February 18, 2013

everytime we are in the area we find ourselves heading to the Scarecrow. The burgers, sandwiches, soups and stews are outstanding. The Crow Fries are the real star for me. I had a cup of chicken minestrone soup, an Italian Chicken Sandwich with Crow Fries, today. Outstanding

1  Thank Bill P
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Scarecrow is a bit out of the way, which is ok if you are heading out of town from Conway.

A bit loud, but hey, it's a Pub and folks are having a good time while they are here.

Good food
Good Prices
Nice change from the other places downtown Conway.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stopped in for lunch. Sat at the bar. Very friendly bartender who greeted us promptly, asked where we were staying and took our drink order. Corn chowder was delicious! My sister and I split a wedge salad and grilled pastrami sandwich. Instead of fries we were offered veggie of the day which was butternut squash. All very good. . Prices and drinks very reasonable. Would certainly return.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went here on a Sat night over the MLK holiday weekend, so I expected it to be a little crowded. We tried to call ahead for seating and they don't take reservations. We got there at 7 and didn't get a table until 8. Our apps didn't come out until 830 and the entree didn't come out until 9. You could tell the wait staff was not prepared for the amount of people there, which was weird because its really not that big of a place.
Overall the food here was decent. The portions were bigger than I expected for the inexpensive prices. The had a decent selection on their menu, however there ran out of several items pretty early in the night. I would come back during the day or during the week when its not so crowded, but wouldn't think about coming here if there is any chance the dining room would be full.