“Excellent food , service and reasonable price”

Tuckermans Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Intervale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Shohola, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food , service and reasonable price”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant several times for their early bird special which is an incredible buy Mon. - Thurs. nights from 4 - 6 PM, however this last time we were with friends and got there too late to take part in this. We all ordered from their regular menu and I had the "special" Surf and Turf featuring Lobster Mac. and Cheese. It was, without doubt, the best lobster and cheese I have ever had and their was so much lobster in it that after my first few bites I began to wonder if there was any mac. We enjoyed great service and the owner followed up with a personal introduction at our table. The restuarant also features one of the best selections of beer and ale in the area. I highly recommend it!

• Visited May 2013

BeanTown
“Excellent food at a very reasonable price”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ate here several times over the winter months. Their "early bird specials" (4-6pm M-Thur) was excellent and always consisted of at least 6-8 choices. Food was very good and reasonable.
This restaurant is under new management (7/2012) and the owners appear to be doing everything right. We would recommend this establishment to anyone interested in a fine meal in a pleasant setting at a reasonable price

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great atmosphere, great food, great people!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

So happy we have Tuckermans Tavern, so close to our ski house. Food is always great, people are super nice. We love the cozy little tables for two. So nice to just sit and relax and enjoy a delicious meal. Hearty portions too! Give it a try!

Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Love The Tavern”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

After eating here I was so impressed that I had to write a review. I read the last two reviews and must say that these people must have dined somewhere else and had a bad experience because let me tell you there review was completely wrong. I dined here under the previous owners and decided that I would NEVER go back again but hearing that the old owners had taken it back and reopened I decided to give it one more try. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! They have so many wonderful dishes that it was hard to chose but let me say, no matter what you order you won't be hungry for a while. The Lobster Mac and Cheese was amazing!!! The Lobster rolls and so full you literally have to eat them with your fork. They even have pizza so the kids will love it too. The Maitre'd Todd is an extremely nice man, most every restaurant you go to will ask you to sit in the bar if they are busy and if you don't drink, then have a coke or a glass of water and just enjoy the ambiance. If a party of 10 comes in, it is much different than a party of 2 or 4 and it is easier to get them to a table and seated than to send them all into the bar, that is just a good business practice. I guess these two reviewers don't get out much but you will usually find these practices at any busy restaurant, and why is it busy? Because the food, the service and the atmosphere are great!!! Oh and by the way, if there were no specials left at 9:pm on a Friday night, that is another testament to how great the food and everything else is. Next time you might want to go a bit earlier. Now I don't know who wrote these last two reviews but if you thought the old owners were better, perhaps you are related and this is just a case of sour grapes. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TUCKERMAN'S!!!

1 Thank Lynn R
Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States
“bad experiance”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

we went to Tuckermans March 1 at 8pm, the hostess Todd said it would be about 45 min, so we said ok, he offered us to the bar but we are non drinkers, as we sat and waited peole came in and he would sen them to the bar, but there was empty tables at one point a party of 10 came in and todd tells te party 15 minutes, what it was 45 for us, it is ovious by now this guy is trying to make a ton of money by sending people to the bar frist, so the 45 min is up and todd sits us at a table the side of a small RV table the 2 menues wouldnt fit with out touching each other, we waited an other 15 min for the waitress, she comes over an excuses he self and said todd needed to talk to her, so 15 min later she comes to take the order and she tells us there is no specials left, fish and chips, prime rib, etc..so she went to ask if they could use any food for the next day, and she said the kitchn would not, so we walked out, this guy was so rude and clearly he is only intrested in big parties, but the locals are the ones that support him in off season, we have been there before but will never go back, it is a friday night at 9pm and there is no food, poor planing

2 Thank David N