“Host remembered my mom and me from 5 years ago - welcomed us and best yankee pot roast ever!”

Tuckermans Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Intervale
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My mom and I have been coming up to New England Inn off and on since each of us was born. Decided to come up for a post Christmas mini-getaway this week, and after long day driving up, came here to Tuckerman's right here at the Inn for dinner. Todd the host remembered my mom and me from 5 years ago and made us feel like returning friends! My pot roast was PERFECT -tender, juicy and flavorful. The acccompanying mashed potatoes and squash were fresh and delicious. Mom said her pizza was amazing, and the mud pie dessert was the perfect end to a cozy evening dinner. Thank you Tuckerman's and see you next time!

Montreal, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were visiting the area for the weekend and we were told that Tuckermans was a really good choice. I decided to order the pot roast which every one raves about. It was awful. Dry , overcooked, no flavour and no gravy. My friend on the other hand ordered a hamburger which she said was amazing. We also had the corn chowder which was good. I am not really sure how to rate the restaurant. The service was good but my experience with the food was not.
The next day I was told the restaurant was under new management, not sure if this had anything to do with the quality of the food. Do not think I will be returning.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank poohrose
Gary R, General Manager at Tuckermans Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your review. Our entire staff strives to make everyone's visit a pleasant one and reviews like yours provides an opportunity to improve. In the future always let your server know of any issue so they can correct it and let our kitchen staff know of your dissatisfaction.
We hope this response will persuade you and your friend to join us again soon and not only enjoy a good experience but an excellent one.
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Food was excellent and staff was very nice!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Seemed like a very local hangout which was nice to see. Stayed at the Inn on a Friday and Saturday night and both nights there were groups of friends and families, nice variety of people

Visited November 2012
“What a great pub”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Excellant beer selection, rediculously cold beer. Food was very good. Great atmosphere, friendly staff. Not sure i can say anymore nice things about this place. You cant ask more for a tavern that shares the same location of a great Inn.

Visited October 2012
New Hampshire
“Date night”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

After 45 years married, we still enjoy date night on Fridays. One of our favorite places in the Mount Washington Valley is Tuckermans. Nice menu, reasonable prices and the fish and chips are hard to beat.

• Visited November 2012