“Simple and affordable”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Hyannis MA
“Simple and affordable”
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I have stayed here at least twice and for the money, I don't think it can be beat. The rooms are simple, nothing fancy, but the staff is great-family owned and knowledgable and helpful. The free breakfast is simple but saves time and money, there are DVD's available to view for free. If saving money is your priority, this is a great place.

Malini/Cape Cod MA

• Stayed January 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
ma
Reviewed June 6, 2009

I recently went with my wife, just to spend a night at NH and come back. Stayed at this place and it was very cosy and felt comfortable.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, Ma
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I can't believe this place is still open....
can someone tell me did they renovate???

Otherwise, if your really thinking on staying here, you need to understand, these good reviews sound like the owners, i can assure you this place is really not nice.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank EllenR912
Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I travel a lot. Lots of hotels all year, many on priceline. Reading some other more positive reviews, I am suspecting that there are different level rooms.. and that I got a 'budget room' I was traveling with a discounted $ 61 ( including dog) rate given due to the trade show recommending it on their contract form.
High speed, wireless a big plus.

My room? not large, but adequate. The bed decent size, but softish. Bedding substandard, when I asked for another blanket, it was delivered promptly by the nice host, but it was skimpy and one had to share it with great difficulty with a sleeping companion. not a plus if you are not a couple.
Towels. One day skimpy and scratchy..the next day, much better.
The TV is ok, not huge, but modern.. and a couple of movie channels.. not a large selection of stations. ..vcr. The non functional remote was replaced when asked.
The ( no freezer) little refrigerator was a plus, although in May the nighttime temperatures were in the low 40's ! Even so, Mosquitios still there in the dusk hours..

My absolute main complaint was the heating system. Loud, and impossible to control. It had a digital thermostat, so you'd assume it's be comfortable. Not so. Let's say you set it for 75 degrees. It would blow hot air noisily. getting the room toasty quickly.. . then, in order to KEEP it at 75 or, perhaps because it went over 75? it would completely switch into a fan blowing cool air clear across the room.. in seconds you were cold. Very very annoying. I got up and down dozens of times while I was there, turning it on and off while watching t.v. Blocking it with a chair etc. I turned it off during the night, and huddled.
Room service was eerratic when I was there.
AN electrical problem between the bathroom and the bedroom had me not using the bathroom light the last two days as I heard a 'sizzle" . The last day, there were a few dozen little ants in the bathroom... but overall the room was insect free. SInce this is in the country, that's good.
thurs/fri breakfast was cereal, juice, coffee and some pastries from hell but continental breakfasts are often like that.. and there is a do it yourself waffle thing on the weekends.
The hosts do aim to please, I liked them. They have videos for viewing, a bunch to choose from in the lobby
We did not use the pool, it is attractive.
The location is near roads, which we heard.. I imagine during a busy season, it will interrupt the country atmosphere. The landscaping is nice, but not as atrractive as I lead
myself to believe in reading the reviews and the description of the area.
No cancellation policy listed on their site..

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Katya m
Boston, MA
Reviewed March 15, 2009

My boyfriend and I found this hotel online and the website looked okay so we checked it out. The "fireplace and hot tub mountain view rooms" sounded like a dream come true. Right upon stepping out of the car in the parking lot I could smell chlorine (and their outdoor pool was closed). Inside the office building was the most horrible smell of rotting indian food and the staff looked way too eager that we were there (probably a sign that no one has been staying there). We asked to look at a "hot tub room" and were horrified. First off, the rooms are way too small to have these huge hot tubs in them.. and the entire room stunk like chlorine and was humid with a damp carpet. The windows were all fogged up blocking the "mountain view". The "fireplace" was a tiny electric one that looked worse than any other electric fireplace i'd ever seen. Overall, my boyfriend and I were laughing so hard at the ridiculousness of this place and couldn't wait to leave. We told the owner no thanks, and he followed us to our car offering $10 off if we decided to stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vanillalynn
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 23, 2009

I was looking for nothing more than a decent, clean room close to the ski area, and that's what I got. Prices were significantly lower than almost everywhere else in the area. Rooms are a little dated. A couple wall outlets didn't work. But the beds were in good shape and there was hot water in the shower (though not much volume), so I got what I paid for. The included breakfast was a plus. Nothing fancy, but my son enjoyed the make-your-own belgian waffle.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
East Wareham
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Great Room and there was great customer service by the manager.

• Liked — Closeness to the ski places.
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Bartlett Inn
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel

Been to Swiss Chalets Village Inn? Share your experiences!