“Loved the lodge!!!!”

New England Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
“Loved the lodge!!!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2004

I had the chance to stay in a lodge room, over the long Memorial Day weekend, at the Inn with a companion and the room was absolutely fabulous!!
Had a jacuzzi, balcony, fireplace, and a loft w/bedroom. It was gorgoeus!! Room was cleaned.
Although, can't really say the same for Tuckermans' Restaurant. Service was slow, needed more personnel for level of business. I, highly,recommend the lodge to anyone interested in staying at New England Inn.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed May 30, 2004

My husband and I just got back from the Inn and had a wonderful private time. We stayed in one of the log cabins and was amazed at how quiet a location I had managed to find. The privacy was great even though there were people on either side of us. I am already planning for next spring. The only minor complaint I had was going to supper at Tuckerman's was very noisy at 8 in the evening but we went earlier the next day about 5 or so and it was much better.

Reviewed January 16, 2004

I have stayed at the New England Inn on more than one occasion and look forward to future visits there.

The owners and staff always make you feel welcome, and the atmosphere is first rate. The entire staff at the New England Inn are friendly and courteous and see that your stay is a relaxing, enjoyable visit. The menu is varied and the food is plentiful and delicious.

The staff and local patrons are always willing to help with directions or places to visit in the area while enjoying your stay.

I have been, and will continue to be a repeat guest at the New England Inn.

Their hospitality is endless!

Reviewed January 12, 2004

Not once, but twice (working on a third stay) have I enjoyed a wonderful weekend at the Inn. The rooms are immaculate, and super cozy for a winter weekend getaway. The jacuzzi and gas fireplace in the newly added cabins across the street are just what my husband and I expected. Not to mention the staff is wonderful to deal with. I've recommended this place to a number of friends and will continue to do so!

Reviewed December 1, 2003

The wife and I spent the Thanksgiving weekend in one of the new log cabins. I was disapointed with the bed covers. The blanket smelled like it was never washed. Room was clean but I couldn't get over the lack of detail for a premium price.

Reviewed November 30, 2003

I can't believe that the woman from Rochester can be talking about the incredible place I had my Thanksgiving weekend in, with my brother and sister-in-law! The inn itself is picturesque and well kept up, and the six meals that were included with our package were just wonderful! We stayed in the lodge across the street, and both rooms had king beds and gas fireplaces, which made for a remarkably homey Thanksgiving! Our only disappointment was the the jacuzzi cabins were all taken when we booked... I can't say enough good about the place, and again, I have no idea what the other reviewer was talking about! Do yourself a favor and GO!

• Stayed November 2003
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 5, 2003

My husband & I stayed in a room inside the Main Inn. The sheets were stained and they were changed three times to no avail. The water from both the sink & tub came out dark brown. (Iron build up?) One outlet & that was found under the headboard of the bed with an extention cord for everything else. ( Hairdryer & etc. ) Had to crawl under the bed to reach it! Which kept coming unplugged. The carpet was mauve but looked more like a light gray or black around the edges. The room smelled dirty & musty. The shower wasn't high so you had to duck down under the water. When someone else used water the hot went cold and visa versa.
We had to literally body slam our bedroom door to open it. We were overlooking the roof and wires ran everywhere. The common room was suppose to have a T. V. as they advertise but there wasn't one we had to go to the Tavern . Again, we stayed only in the Main Inn so we can't speak of the rest of the place. However its not a place we'd ever visit again or recommend.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
#3 of 12 in Bartlett
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to New England Inn? Share your experiences!