“Great romantic getaway”

and 1 more site!
New England Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed in lodge cabins which was very spacious with in-room jacuzzi and gas fireplace and stayed quite toasty while it was a typical snowy February outside. The upstairs open bedroom overlooking the living area was a nice touch and managed to pull off a cozy yet roomy feel. The way the cabins are decorated lends an authentic cabin touch with a lot of mounted wild animals adorning the lobby entrance area.

We barely saw or heard anyone else even though there were others staying there, quite private with minimal intrusion from staff. The main building with attached bar and restaurant across the street was very convenient as there isn't much else in the immediate vicinity and the food and service were quite good.

Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed here twice & its was most awesome both times. The rates, well...they look a lot better before they tack on the 9% tax & 10% gratuity. However, you do get a great jacuzzi suite, free breakfast (although I have never been up early enough to enjoy) and considering the overall accommodations I think it's a great deal (it also includes the tip for the maids).

I've stayed at the lodge loft & the log cabin...and although the loft was cool I would go with the cabin every time, more space and privacy with your own porch complete w/ wooden rocking chairs. It's very clean, the staff is pleasant (they even let us check out an hour late) & there is a restaurant/bar right on site to boot. The bar often has entertainment and will stay open as long as their are patrons.

The great thing about this place is you get the real north country feel, with all the amenities without having to stay at a bed & breakfast. B&B's are great, but we are a younger couple and like to have a good time. Having our own cabin allows us to enjoy ourselves w/o disturbing others...or others disturbing us.

So take a romantic weekend up north & get a jacuzzi suite...what are you waiting for?

1  Thank MikeSeaver
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed in the couples only lodge in the water fowl room. The room was very spacious, but the tv was much smaller than you would expect, and the picture was always dark. We planned to watch some DVD's during our stay but the first night there we found the dvd player didn't work. We called the front desk and were told they knew it didn't work... we asked for a replacement but they didn't have one, so we asked it they would switch one from another room not being used and they said no. Then about 10pm the room above us apparently started filling their tub, and noisely drained it a little while later. Breakfast hours were from 8:00-9:30am with only one waitress, the food was basic but overall good. NO cell phone service or internet service in our room, and I couldn't get a signal while at breakfast in the main building either. You are expected to pay in full for your entire stay upon arrival AND also pay for gratuity before you even get the key to your room. Overall for the cost of the room, the service I received and the lack of internet/cell service I would not stay here again.

4  Thank KarenRen
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Stayed in the private log cabin. It had an incredible amount of space and the couch in front of the gas fireplace was so relaxing! Loved having the whirlpool right in the room to enjoy with the fire. Breakfast hours were a little restricted which could be problematic, but nothing that would stop me from making a return trip. A small fitness center and indoor pool add to the draw of this inn. Make sure to ask about hours you are allowed to run the whirlpool tubs if staying in the main building and not one of the cottages or cabins. Although the decor is not glamerous it does have a nice rustic charm.

Room Tip: Whirlpool's in the lodge are not permitted to run after 11pm, no such restriction exits in the c...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WeekendGetawayJunkie
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I was very disappointed with this vacation. During our stay here it actually started off really nice. We stayed at the eagle which is a loft room. But during the entire first night, however, we had some kind of animal that was stuck in the ceiling and kept us up all night. I understand this can happen but how the staff handled this situation I wasn't pleased with.... At 8am we went to the front desk and asked if there was another room available that we could stay since me and my husband were not able to sleep because of the noise. They said that they knew about this squirrel and said it was the "size of a cat." They tried to capture it but couldn't. I found that very odd that they would continue to rent out these $200 rooms and not say anything. They did offer to switch us to a basic room which we did consider but this room named the "wol" had a strong odor of gas. We returned to the front desk and asked to check out a day early. They didn't even offer anything for our trouble. They mentioned we were lucky for getting our money back for the night that we didn't stay because usually they would put that towards a future visit. Not happy with this place at all!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cheryl C
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We have been going to the New England Inn for years. The Staff there has become like family to us. Its always nice going back to the Inn and seeing the same smiling faces. Since the Lodge has been built that is our new Favorite Spot. The rooms are clean and very spacious. I love the Fireplace and jacuzzi in the rooms. The breakfast that is included with your room is amazing. Tons of different options and its made to order!
Tuckerman's Tavern which is at the Hotel is wonderful. They have live music playing on the weekends, and great food.

Room Tip: Ask for the Lodge!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martha M
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My wife and I booked this Inn for 4 nights (Oct.5-9,2011) to see the fall colors. I read some good reviews from other Trip Advisers travelers. Unfortunately I have to report that this Inn is very poorly run and filthy. Our room that we were assigned in the lodge was nasty smelling
( like vomit ) and had dirt rings on the bathroom tub. We tried to get another room and was told that the inn was full. It wasn't until another couple came into the Inn and asked if there was any rooms available that front desk girl looked over at us and told the couple that they indeed had rooms available. The price was too high and the couple left. My wife again asked the front desk girl if they had any other rooms available and the girl finally moved us to a cleaner room. Also, I was lied to by Carol the Inn manager who stated that the room I booked had internet access from my room. Not true. We had a room in the lodge that you have to cross a busy street in order to get to the internet and the COMPLEMENTARY breakfast. The Inn only has ONE SERVER for breakfast TO HELP ALL THE INNS GUEST. It was obvious to my wife and I that the Inn does this to discourage their guest from eating the COMPLEMENTARY breakfast. My wife and I tried to talk reasonable to Carol the Inn Manager after our first night and she instantly became very loud and confrontational, and said that she never told us that the lodge room we booked had internet. EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. We would have tried to find other lodging but apparently it was the busiest weekend of the year and all the other Hotels or Inns were already booked and Carol knew it. That was why she could get away with The TERRIBLE ATTITUDE toward us.
Please do yourselves a BIG FAVOR AND NEVER STAY AT THIS HELL HOLE OF A INN.
Note: This Inn demands that you pay in full for your entire stay PLUS gratuity before they will give you the keys to your room. I have never seen this before..........
Happier travels, Louie.

Room Tip: Do not stay here........................
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LMotto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Bartlett Inn
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to New England Inn? Share your experiences!