“Love this Place”

New England Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
“Love this Place”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We have been going to the New England Inn for years. The Staff there has become like family to us. Its always nice going back to the Inn and seeing the same smiling faces. Since the Lodge has been built that is our new Favorite Spot. The rooms are clean and very spacious. I love the Fireplace and jacuzzi in the rooms. The breakfast that is included with your room is amazing. Tons of different options and its made to order!
Tuckerman's Tavern which is at the Hotel is wonderful. They have live music playing on the weekends, and great food.

Room Tip: Ask for the Lodge!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Martha M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Rescue, California
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My wife and I booked this Inn for 4 nights (Oct.5-9,2011) to see the fall colors. I read some good reviews from other Trip Advisers travelers. Unfortunately I have to report that this Inn is very poorly run and filthy. Our room that we were assigned in the lodge was nasty smelling
( like vomit ) and had dirt rings on the bathroom tub. We tried to get another room and was told that the inn was full. It wasn't until another couple came into the Inn and asked if there was any rooms available that front desk girl looked over at us and told the couple that they indeed had rooms available. The price was too high and the couple left. My wife again asked the front desk girl if they had any other rooms available and the girl finally moved us to a cleaner room. Also, I was lied to by Carol the Inn manager who stated that the room I booked had internet access from my room. Not true. We had a room in the lodge that you have to cross a busy street in order to get to the internet and the COMPLEMENTARY breakfast. The Inn only has ONE SERVER for breakfast TO HELP ALL THE INNS GUEST. It was obvious to my wife and I that the Inn does this to discourage their guest from eating the COMPLEMENTARY breakfast. My wife and I tried to talk reasonable to Carol the Inn Manager after our first night and she instantly became very loud and confrontational, and said that she never told us that the lodge room we booked had internet. EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. We would have tried to find other lodging but apparently it was the busiest weekend of the year and all the other Hotels or Inns were already booked and Carol knew it. That was why she could get away with The TERRIBLE ATTITUDE toward us.
Please do yourselves a BIG FAVOR AND NEVER STAY AT THIS HELL HOLE OF A INN.
Note: This Inn demands that you pay in full for your entire stay PLUS gratuity before they will give you the keys to your room. I have never seen this before..........
Happier travels, Louie.

Room Tip: Do not stay here........................
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LMotto
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We had a very nice stay at NEI, but in my opinion, it was not worth the $ that we spent. The family cottages need some improvements (the king bed was very uncomforable and I'm not one to complain about beds). We were staying with another couple who stayed in the adults only cabins and these seemed to be in much better shape and more up to date. Overall we were satisfied, however, we felt that we could have stayed at a full cabin (with kitchenette, etc) for the same price. There was also a wedding there the weekend we stayed. While it was very nice that the inn moved us to another cabin (not adjacent to the tent), it was dissapointing that service at the resturant was so slow. Unfortunately it seems like they only had one waitress and probably limited cooks, so service at breakfast was very slow. For dinner that night, we didn't even eat at the inn because we expected the wait as the reception was going on. Having to wait an extended amount of time with a 3.5 year old for dinner isn't very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MexicoTraveler77
Westbrook, Maine
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Having been a guest at NEI three times before, my wife and I felt no desire to look for other lodgings in Conway. This visit was a mixed bag. The newer Lodge accomodations, which are for adults only, present very clean conditions. The TVs are a bit small, but I can watch TV at home, so this isn't a major complaint. The bedding and the mattress could use an update. I found a nickel atop the door trim to the bathroom--a gift, or a test of how well housekeeping does? The in-room fridge was a nice plus, though set way too cold--the control knob appeared to have been broken off--so bottled soda and water froze. I found the fan too far away from the bed to provide much ciruclation at night, and the AC did not stay on very long. The high school students who apparently worked as housekeeping tended to be a little loud in the morning. Older accomodations across the street appear to be in the midst of some renovating, although more is needed. Some of the cottages sport rotted-out window sills. I was surprised to see that these too had fireplaces like the Lodge. The fireplace is great in the winter, adding a touch of atmosphere.
Checking in and out is fast and friendly, and the lady working the desk will answer all questions. For those who have expressed disgust about some charges, these are outlined when you check in, but be sure to ask questions. Breakfast, while perhaps not offering a tremendous variety (to reduce costs, I assume) is generally tasty. However, there was only one waitress each morning, which was not a problem when there were not a lot of guests. However, the first morning was busy, and the poor waitress was waiting on 7-8 tables, so service was slow (at least she was friendly). The other two mornings, our service was fast, but the waitress not as pleasant. We fully understand the gratuity charge, but perhaps some of the breakfast issues would be solved if they did away with this and simply charged you at breakfast (and perhaps some of the problems that people have cited about service would be eased if the wait staff knew they were working for a tip). My wife and I both LOVE Tuckerman's Tavern. The food is excellent and reasonably priced. We ate all of our dinners there. We personally had no problems with service, although a table of senior citizens next to us did nothing but complain about the food.
My wife and I have talked about our recent visit and have concluded that we will definitely stay at NEI again. However, we also think that we will try some other accomodations in the area just to see, and that was not how we felt before this visit.

Room Tip: If you don't have children, ask to stay in the Lodge.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The family cottages are great for kids, and Tuckerman's food is outstanding!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Malakos
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed in a room in the Lodge across the road from the main buiding. It was very nice indeed. We ate in the Bar in the main building and I found the food to be very nice. I would recommend the Sheperd's Pie to anyone. The staff were very helpful and I would definitely stay there again if I ever go back to North Conway

Room Tip: Stay in the Hunting Lodge
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank offtothekeys
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Was just there for weekend. Host in tavern very arrogant. Food ok. stayed in log cabin, it was ok. area is beautiful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank polo60745
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
#3 of 12 in Bartlett
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to New England Inn? Share your experiences!