Perry's Motel & Cottages
Swiss Chalets Village Inn(Intervale)(Great Value!)
$62
$58
Clarendon Motel(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$69
Priceline
The Stonehurst Manor(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
Hotels.com
White Trellis Motel(North Conway)
$79
$69
Eastern Slope Inn(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
White Mountain Hotel and Resort(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$139
Colonial Motel(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$73
Forest Glen Inn(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$94
Briarcliff Motel(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$70
$60
Travelocity
New England Inn(Intervale)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnice poolnorth conwaygrills and picnic tablesmaking improvementskids playthe main highwaygreat place for familiesfront porchminute drivewhite mountainsnew hampshireplaygroundgrandchildrenmosquitoessummerunit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I had previously stayed at Perry's Motel & Cottages on 3 different occasions over the last 5 years. So when I booked our stay this year I was very excited. I was very surprised when we checked in to find that there were new owners. This information was not provided on the website or at the time of making the reservations.

We were staying July 6-9th in the Cottage (#14) we had rented on two previous occasions. On the 3rd night of our stay our cottage caught on fire while my son and I were in the cottage. The fire started by the hot water tank leaking propane. My son had just finished taking a shower when the fire started.

Needless to say we did not stay for the fourth night and asked for a refund. The owner did provide a refund for that night (not the night of the fire). When I returned home and was able to pull my thoughts together, I decided we really deserved a full refund since our vacation was completely ruined and we had to spend the entire next day of our vacation replacing all our clothes and bathroom items since we lost 90% of our belongings. The owner has refused to give us a refund for the other 3 nights since the first two nights were ok and on the night of the fire she put us up in "a more expensive room" (those were her words). I was really suprised at this comment since our cottage had just burned to the ground. I would hope she would put us up anywhere she had space available.

She keeps referring to her insurance company and and has involved a public insurance adjuster in the matter. I keep explaining to her and the public adjuster that I do not want to involve her insurance company in the refund. I feel it is a good business decision on her part to refund us the money especially since we are 4 year return customers and we could have lost our lives. This event was very tragic to my eight year old son.

The fire was almost 4 weeks ago and I have no resolution from the owners. The owner has made no efforts to accomodate us for our inconvience unless you call giving us a box of Lucky Charms and milk the morning after the fire accomodating!!! I would think a full refund and an offer of a future discounted stay would be appropriate. I can be sure that I will never return to Perry's nor recommend it to any friends or family.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family