“Exactly what we were looking for”

Perry's Motel & Cottages
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Exactly what we were looking for”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

After reading other reviews, I was expecting a small and outdated but clean and family friendly motel, and that's exactly what it is.
Our motel room was an average size, had 2 beds, and a full tub. My brother stayed in a cottage and it was much smaller and cramped with one king bed (not even room for the pack & play), and a tiny shower stall.
The toddler play area was perfect for keeping my son busy while we got ready for day trips. There is also a bigger playground, a pool, and 4 cozy coupes.
I was afraid the location might be too far from the places we wanted to visit, but it's only a mile or two from North Conway Village and on a main route. We easily got to North Conway, as well as Storyland, Echo Lake, Diana's Baths, and Sabbaday Falls. If we stay in the area again, we'd definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank collivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I had an amazing stay at Perry's. The manager, Vickie, was very welcoming when we first stepped into the office. My children were very excited to be there when they saw the two playgrounds and pool that they have. The Wolf's Den aka the playroom was very nice too, due to the one day when it was pouring. It was nice for me and my husband to just sit back and relax on the deck of our cottage, while my little ones were out playing on the playground. The cottage that we stayed in was a little small, but it had a homey feeling to it. The location is great because Story Land was about 5 minutes away and when my kids got tired, we just went back to our room. Then, we went back to Story Land later on that day. I really enjoyed my stay and I'm definitely coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Jackie H
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Thank you for all the good services, great welcome, great place for children and affordable price. Thank you Vickie, Interval is close to North Conway and National forest park, the motel is well located for us. Nice area for biking, and hiking.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Chantal T
Assonet, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 18, 2013

OK....this place is definitely dated and not fancy at all. We stayed in Cottage #15 (the only 3 BR unit) with 6 adults and our 2 grandchildren, and things were very tight. Many of the previous reviews were right on re. the relatively cramped quarters and less-than-modern amenities, but I'm still very glad we went there. The 2 kiddie play areas, the pool, the friendly hosts, general cleanliness of the interior and the grounds, the Wolf Den kid's playroom, safe atmosphere, and the super-convenient proximity to StoryLand (about 5 mins away) were a big plus for us. We probably will not return only because the actual layout of their largest cabin does not work for us (with a Pack & Play plus the bed in 2 of our rooms, there's wasn't much other space at all). This was our first ever family vacation with our 2 adult children, their spouses, and their toddler kids. But we will have great family memories -- including Perry's Cottages -- that will last far after this trip and that's the important thing for me.

I'm genuinely torn between the "Average" and "Very Good" rating. Very good for grounds, location (also about 8 - 10 mins from No. Conway 'center'), cleanliness, and staff; average at best for the actual cottage quarters.

By the way, before we left we asked to see some of the other units. Some of the other 2 BR cottages were very nice if you had a smaller group than ours. And they seemed a bit more updated than our 3 BR one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kevin G
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I'm sure this place was pretty impressive whenever it was built - probably in the 1950's judging by the decor, and sadly i don't believe it has been updated since. While the service was helpful and friendly, the motel and cottages were let down by very small floor plans and tired decor. Our kitchen had no countertop to put anything down on, and despite sleeping 6 at least, the kitchen table only sat 4. And we spent $300 for the night, which was double what we paid elsewhere, and for much better accommodation. The children's playground was a redeeming feature, however I'd only consider going back here if it was a third of the price.

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Geoff165

Travelers are raving about these Intervale hotels

Stoughton, MA
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Perry is run by a kind couple who will go out of your way to help you out. I dropped by around 11PM and did not have a reservation. While Perry was fully booked, they made sure that I could find a place to stay.

Perry is a great place if you have children. It has an excellent price and an area for kids to play outside while Mom and Dad prepare for the day. It is located very close to Story Land which will also a plus if you have children.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Second time and LAST TIME visit here. Exterior-cute, interior-not so much. Tight quarters- we chose 3bdrm, for family of 3 and were still on top of each other. States it sleeps up to 8, maybe to sleep but certainly not to sit around and relax inside at night or while raining. No complimentary toiletries, the kitchenette was stocked with 1/2 bottle of dawn and an old, grubby sponge to "wash" dishes with, poorly lit inside to hide the dirt?
We left after one night and found a beautiful cottage for $50 less, much more homey, updated and open. Were much happier and comfortable, this also included continental breakfast and indoor pool! Will not be returning to perry's, so much more out there for same money or less!

Room Tip: Not recommended!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to Perry's Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!