“More rustic than the website indicates”

Perry's Motel & Cottages
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Intervale
Boston, Massachusetts
“More rustic than the website indicates”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Just know that accommodations are much more rustic than the website descriptions and images portray. It’s a bit like camping. The pool needs updating and was dirty. The toddler playground is full of outdated toys, many of which are broken. The main playground is in good shape. Slightly overpriced for what you get in return, especially given the competitive rates of some of the other hotels in the area. Good location though.

Room Tip: Read the decsriptions about the cottages, each cottage varies
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank cpoole228

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

My two girls and I stayed at Perry's two nights and my girls loved it. We stayed cottage 17 and the AC was great actually had to cover myself bec ause it was cold. loved the smallness of the place because I could sit on my porch and watch my daughter ride her bike. The pool was great, and the staff and owner was a great lady. planning on coming back so we can get out of the city and relax...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mayramasiel
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

I stayed at Perrys Motel with my two kids. We had a great time! It is a great place to bring kids; There are two playgrounds one for toddlers/preschool that has castles, slides, mini cars, sand box and swings etc. then the other one has a big jungle gym with a bunch of different slides and things to climb. There is also a big swimming pool which was fun in the hot days. It is off the main road and has a bunch of cute chalets to stay in which are very private. We had a barbaque and played volley ball with the net they have there. We stayed for three days and will definitely return!

Room Tip: Just call in advance and say what you want.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jeronehelmet
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed in cottage #11 for 3 nights. Cottage was cute but not spacious or recently updated. Bathroom was tiny, shower the smallest I have ever been in, but everything worked and was clean. Kitchen was small but serviceable. Cottage was advertised as not air conditioned - a gamble we knowingly took to get the beds/layout we needed. We were pleasantly surprised, however, to find the back bedroom equipped with an A/C unit, something we definitely needed during our hotter-than-expected stay. Beds themselves were extremely uncomfortable. The kids really enjoyed the two playgrounds and the open space with balls/outdoor toys. We also went in the pool once. It was pleasant but starting to show signs of wear (e.g., flecking paint). Internet access was difficult to obtain; had to go to bench area near office to get weak signal. Proprietors were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Yucaipa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

My husband and I are not fans of large hotels. So when we decided to go to the White Mountains of New Hampshire we decided we would try to find a nice small family owned motel. I decided on Perry's Motel and Cottages after calling and speaking with the owner. Her attitude, other reviews, and photos helped me decide on Perry's.
When we arrived we met the owner. She tried to get us to upgrade to a larger "condo" unit as she called it. We went to look at it. It was horrible, a two story apartment behind the office. It was poorly decorated and smelled really bad.
We went to look at our cottage, which was #16. Although it didn't smell, it was quite unsafe. The wiring in the kitchen was running all over the place with extension cords. The furnace did not work so they had a small electric heater plugged into the wall. Although the furnace didn't work the gas was on to it? The front door lock didn't work correctly and if you had to get out in case of fire good luck!
It was late and we had no place else to go so we stayed the night but left the next morning. I don't think we slept at all waiting for flames to erupt.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Intervale hotels

Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

We were very fortunate that Perry's Motel and Cottage were able to give us a room. We originally had a cottage booked at SkyValley and upon are arrival there, the desk person to begin with was rude. We went to our cottage and it was old and not very nice. As well, we found mouse droppings on the microwave and kitchen counter. We approached the person inside and told her we were not staying there. She didn't want to, but she did return are money and blamed it on the cleaning lady. Never once did she apologize. We called several other locations and everything was booked. At one motel, they called Perry's for us and they had one room available. When we arrived you couldn't ask for better service. The owner gave us a great deal on the room for two nights. The room was clean and accomodating for the amount of time that we spent there. I would recommend this place to anyone. In the future, when we take our shopping weekend, I will without a doubt be making reservations at this location. Everyone there were excellent and made our stay enjoyable. The only recomendation I would have would be to get telephones installed. We are from Canada and if you want to call anywhere locally we have to pay for roaming charges on the cellphone. Thank you for your kindness!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Leominster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

We have stayed here 3 times. The first time was in one of the Motel Units, the 2nd was in a 1 bedroom cottage and the last time was in the 3 bedroom cotttage. This place is surrounded by trees and makes you feel like you are in your own little world, but in reality you are minutes from downtown North Conway and Storyland.

They have a great pool, and two playgrounds. One is for smaller children complete with little tykes toys and climbers. Each Cottage has it's own barbaque grill and picnic table. You can borrow games and toys from the Wolf's Den and bring them back when you are done.

The Rocket Family who operates the place (or at least I hope they still do) are super sweet and thoughtful.

Bottom line when you come back year after year it doesn't feel like you are renting a cottage it feels like you are returning to "your cottage". We always ran into someone who had been there the last time. This is a perfect family hidden gem spot, especially with little kids.

The only issue ever was in the big 3 bedroom cottage in the corner of the living room ceiling there were some flying ants coming in (LOTS). I totally freaked we called the office and they were there in like 2 minutes. We were on our way out at the time of discovery and while we were gone Mr. and Mrs. Rocket got rid of any trace of any ant sealed the tiny hole with caulking and cleaned up any trace of repair for us. We never saw another bug in there.

I actually felt bad for the Rockets because I think they were more upset about it then us. I'm sure that problem has been resolved permenently by now. I don't hold it against the place. Things happen.

I would stay there again. In that same 3 bedroom cottage no problem!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Bartlett Inn
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Colonial Motel
Colonial Motel
#2 of 24 in North Conway

Been to Perry's Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!