Riverside Inn Bed and Breakfast
Swiss Chalets Village Inn(Intervale)(Great Value!)
$74
$67
$59
Starlight Lodge North Conway(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$89
The Stonehurst Manor(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$202
White Trellis Motel(North Conway)
$79
$69
Eastern Slope Inn(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
White Mountain Hotel and Resort(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$129
Colonial Motel(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$82
$73
Hotels.com
New England Inn(Intervale)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Maple Leaf Motel(North Conway)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjackson fallsfruit smoothiesheated towel rackenglish muffinswhite mountainsnorth conwaythe location is perfectadirondack chairsfour nightsnautical themenew hampshirebooked solideach morningthird floorcozy fireplacehigh classspa tub
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed in the Jackson Falls room - we were pleasantly surprised as I had been worried the room would be a bit small, but actually there was plenty of space for our bags around the bed, as well as in a separate cloakroom area next to the bathroom. The bedroom, and all the rooms of the house were beautifully decorated and welcoming. We particularly enjoyed the lounge area with the armchairs in front of the fire. Some nice little extras included free hot and cold drinks that were available to help yourself, and the wealth of information in the lobby (and from Ken), along with free wireless internet. The hosts were friendly and helpful, and they provide a fantastic breakfast! The only little thing I would feed back is that a couple of mornings breakfast was a little slow - just because it was a struggle to keep up when the breakfast room is full.

The Inn itself is in a great location, out of the bustle of North Conway, but easy enough to drive into, and easily accessible to all the major roads. If we ever make it back to the White Mountains we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sim0ne84
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The perfect place to relax and unwind. The breakfast was delicious, the owner's knowledge of the area was perfect and the room was beautiful (and very clean!)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I cannot say enough about the experience we had at this B&B. It was lovely from the moment we stepped out of the car and we were greeted by a very friendly women, Lori (sorry if I misspelled,) who was doing some painting outdoors. She let Ken know that we had arrived and gave us a quick tour of the downstairs while we waited for him to arrive. The property sits on a lovely parcel of land, with a creek running behind the house. Next to the creek there were Adirondack chairs where you could take a bottle of wine and sit by the creek and watch and listen to the water running by. The temperature while we were there was perfect for this.

When we met Ken, he greeted us warmly and showed us the rest of the property, including our room. The room was small, but very cozy, and was exactly as pictured online and in brochures. It had a fireplace, which we were only able to use once for a few minutes because it really wasn't cold enough outside to warrant it, but I wanted to turn it on to experience the ambiance. The bathroom looked small, and did not have much countertop (seems pretty common in B&B's) to put toiletries, but they had added a glass shelf next to the sink, which helped a lot. The shower looked like it would be pretty tight, but ended up not feeling as small as it looked once you were in there.

The whole property is spotless. This is by far, one of the cleanest places I have stayed in. I did not find one speck of anything anywhere....not that I was looking for dirt, but I found it to be exceptionally clean and that is something that is important to me.

Downstairs, there is a large sitting area with a sofa and chairs, a baby grand piano that we were welcomed to play if we desired (I wish!) and another fireplace that we were welcome to turn on whenever we wished. Each morning, as we walked to breakfast, the fire was lit. Also, downstairs, there is a small refrigerator with complimentary water, juice and soda.

Ken was very informative regarding things to do in the area and ideas for various kinds of restaurants. He would tell us the type of food, then he would tell us his favorite, his wife's favorite and his daughter's favorite - which was funny - because they were never the same! Every restaurant that he recommended that we ate at was delicious. I think our favorite, was the one right down the street (at another inn - but the name has escaped me). I think it was our favorite because a)we could walk there and back, b)they had live entertainment that was set at the perfect sound level, and c)they had great food and very friendly service. In fact, we went back a second night just to have a drink at the bar and listen to the music and the waitress that had served us the night before (don't remember her name but I believe she said she was one of the mangers) stopped by and had a chat with us. (She said she had thought of us that very day while she was out buying wine because she was purchasing the wine I had wanted to order the night before, but they were out of it!)

The location of the inn was perfect for us. Like their website says, they are off the beaten path, but close to everything. It seemed to me that all the B&B's and small inns are all on what they call the Resort Loop, so I guess you would get the same location pretty much with any choice. However, when I go on vacation, I am always thinking, "Oh, I wish I could have stayed at that B&B!" (grass is always greener...?) But I did not have that thought go through my mind one time when we stayed at the Riverside Inn.

When we booked, they were having an special that if you booked 2 nights you could get the third night for 1/2 price. We decided to stay the extra night at half price and we were very glad we did.

Ken gave us a lot of ideas of things to do while we were in the area, and would go as far as to check the weather everyday to let us know if it would be a good day to do a certain activity.

Before I end, I should state the two things that were not perfect. First of all, Ken told us that he had just removed the a/c unit from the window. The weather was in the 50's and clear at night, so that seemed perfectly fine. I must say, I am usually hot. I wear a short sleeve t-shirt, while my husband has on a short sleeve AND a long sleeve t-shirt. The temperature of the room always seemed perfect to me (except the one time that I quickly heated it up with the fireplace!), but my husband apparently was hot. There was a ceiling fan in the room, but neither of us like to sleep with a fan on because we don't like the wind on our faces while we sleep. However, my husband never mentioned how hot he was until the day we were leaving, so I cannot blame anyone for not fixing a problem that they were not aware of.

And my second complaint is that I did not get to experience Ken's (made famous by other trip advisor reviewers) Pancakes! We were there three nights and I was really hoping to try those pancakes at some time, but it just didn't happen! I must say the breakfasts that we had were all delicious, starting off with a fruit smoothy (which I am not a huge fan of). It was almost just like drinking very fresh juice, not real thick like most smoothies I have experienced.) and a large wedge of fruit, sliced. There was always an egg item, such as quiche or eggs anyway you like, including omelets with fresh veggies, etc. There was always bacon, sausage or apple-chicken (I think??) sausage and there was always toast or english muffin. One day there was french toast and I heard another couple request just plain toast instead (guess they were not a fan of french toast) and they were offered the option of eggs anyway they would like them and they seemed very grateful for the option. The young girl serving in the morning (Kitty) was very sweet and very efficient. I think she may have also been the person who straightened the rooms, but I am not really sure.

In closing, I must say that we always felt very comfortable in this B&B! If we ever needed anything (an extra pillow, a corkscrew...) we were told where we could find it, always followed up by finding it for us and always told to keep things as long as we needed them. We brought home leftovers and kept them in the refrigerator and each and every question (and there were a lot) was answered with politeness.

The owners also have two dogs....10 year old Carter - a yellow lab and 5 year old Cadbury - a chocolate lab. We only got to see them occasionally, but they were very well-behaved and beautiful.

I hope I get the chance soon to return to this beautiful part of the country and this B&B! Next time I am going to have to demand those pancakes!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chill378
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Just spent two nights here and can not say enough how great this place was. We had the two third floor rooms called Chocorua Lake and Mountain Pond and they were ideal for a family of four with our own shared bathroom and private hallway. The rooms were very clean and well kept during our stay. The breakfast which were included were served in a beautiful dining area and were delicious. Such an excellent value to stay here even with kids. My only pet peeve, which I have with a lot places in the White Mountains not just here, is that when you pay with a credit card the merchants copy of the chargers show your whole credit card number and not just the last 4 digits like most places these days. For security reasons this should not be done and corrected with updated credit card machines. Also would like to be able to book reservation on-line rather than calling. Again just knit picking because this place is really fantastic and will come back for sure. We have been going to this area twice a year for the past 12+ years and and by far the Riverside is at the top of list to stay. Our hats off to Ken, his wife, and other help for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank WHTMT_NH
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Thank you to Ken, Chris and Kitty for a fantastic 3 night stay at Riverside. We had the 2 bedroom suite up in the attic which was ideal for a family of 4. The breakfasts were out of this world as were the cookies in the afternoon. For hospitality, location, rooms, breakfasts and advice on things to do you don't need to look any further.
Watch out for the bear 300yrds down the road stealing the bird food - but as for the moose we are still searching!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family