I never usually write on these blog posts but I was so disappointed with my visit to this resort, that I hope my review will help those out there to make a better decision than I did.
I exchanged my timeshare week for this resort since it was closest to Santa's Village and North Conway. I was traveling with my husband and two young girls (3 & 1). We didn't arrive until late Wednesday night, 1/2 way through our week. The ride for us is over 4 hours long so needless to say, we were exhausted when we got there (around 10pm).
When entering the unit, the smell was not all the pleasant but I took it with a grain of salt since the unit appeared to be very old and out dated. The first location was the kitchen and when I say "outdated", I truly mean that. The wallpaper, counter tops, vinyl flooring...everything was from 1980's, if not earlier. The counters were covered in bread crumbs and when I went to get a glass for water, the dishes stunk badly. I can't even describe the smell. Thank goodness I brought my own dishwasher detergent because I ran all of the dishes through the dishwasher before I let anyone eat off of them.
Also, please note that I am not a "clean freak". I am an average mom that likes things tidy but am not super anal about things. However, as you read on, you will understand why I am writing this for warning for all future "stayers".
After the kitchen we went into the living room/dining room and that was ok. No complaints besides being outdated.
We went upstairs to the two bedrooms and bathrooms...
1) Master bedroom was also outdated but had this stench to it. Then, I went into the Master Bathroom. I looked at the Jacuzzi tub and there were over 50 dead bugs all over the tub and side walls...it was absolutely disgusting. I continued to look around because now I'm starting to get grossed out and the tub had mildew all around the edges. You could obviously tell that this unit was not stayed in recently and not cleaned either.
2) The second bedroom was ok, just out dated.
This unit also had a third floor loft with a futon up there. It was very spacious but I will take cleanliness over spacious any day. The loft's carpet was so badly stained that when I took a step on one of the "spots", the carpet crunched under my foot. I then took one quick look around and noticed candies around the edge of the carpet. It was clean that this room was not cleaned after the last visitors. I then forbid my girls to go up to the third floor for the entire stay.
That night, it was so late, that I just put the girls to bed and my husband and I were getting ready for bed when we heard this rattling outside of our room. Granted, it was windy that night but the rattling was loud and it was happen for a few seconds, then stop, then happen again. This went on for over 2 hours until I must have finally fell asleep. So now, am I not only exhausted from driving so long, now I can't sleep because of this very loud rattle. My husband went outside at one point to see what the potential problem was and she said that the rattling was even louder outside and it looks like it could have been some lose roof shingles. Now, I'm sorry, but if it is that loud, don't you think maintenance should be fixing a problem like that?
The next morning, I went over to the main office and told them about the rattle and bugs. They said that they would send over someone to clean the tub. After an hour, a man showed up (empty handed) and asked to see the bathroom. He went upstairs and back down and jokingly said "looks like no one has stayed in this unit for a while". I was furious! He took the vacuum that was in the hallway and vacuumed the bugs out and was going to just leave. I asked him if he was going to wipe the tub down (with a cleaner). He said that he could if we wanted me too. He went (somewhere) and came back with a spray and a towel and cleaned the tub. I was so grossed out at this point in time that I stripped all of the beds and washed every sheet and blanket that we were going to use. I went down to the local grocery store and bought bathroom cleaner and washed the Jacuzzi tub (and only the Jacuzzi tub) and just allowed my children to bathe in there.
The point of a vacation is that it's a VACATION. I shouldn't have to cleaning a thing...especially pre-cleaning to make sure my kids don't get sick.
With that being said, that unit was left cleaner than when we arrived.
I am very unhappy with my stay at this resort and even though the space was very good...I would never visit this location again and would not recommend it either. The units need major updating, the upstairs rooms were constantly cold, even with the heat turned on high, and the cleaning was extremely poor.
From one mom to another...please look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated AS OF 2016!! Weekly Timeshare Resort. FAMILY style resort that's been a fixture in our beautiful valley for over 30 years! We invite non-owners to stay with us through RENTAL AVAILABILITY. Relax in our HEATED POOL and HOT TUB or SAUNA after skiing or kayaking, whatever time of year you choose to visit the mountains! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Cathedral Ledge Condominium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cathedral Ledge Condominium Hotel Intervale