“Great family friendly experience!”

and 1 more site!
Cathedral Ledge Condominium Resort
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was asked to join a friend of mine on vacation for July 4 th weekend, and was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations offered at this resort. Having 3 small girls, ages 4, 3, and 2. I was so happy with the size of the units. There was more than enough space for my friend and her husband, plus me and my 3 children. The playground was not at all outdated as another reviewer had stated. It had a fantastic tire swing, that my girls refused to get off. The pool which is half indoors and half outdoors was wonderful. The maintenance was extremely helpful and even had to give me a jump, when I forgot to turn off my lights returning home from the fireworks, oops. It is the white mountains and I think those that gave poor reviews should have sprung for a 5 star resort in some ritzy hotel. There were many other families here with small children and my girls ran outside with them all until too tired to continue, they came inside and crashed for the night. It was a wonderful vacation and I am looking into renting a unit for next year so that my husband, myself and the girls can come back again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 12, 2012

we have been coming here for 4 years now, have seen many changes. the new management is working very hard to get the place back up to par and it's working. we love it here. we shop, we rest, we always take a run up to Mt Washington Hotel and have lunch or late afternoon appetizers, great way to relax and spend a vacation.

Room Tip: most spacious, with three floors, 2 1/2 baths, sleeps 8
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We rented two of these condo's with family this December. We really enjoyed ourselves. There is so much room and space for kids and it beats trying to stay in a hotel room with two small children! It is dated but everything was clean and maintained. It's a 2 bedroom plus a loft which overlooks the bedroom on the second level. 2 1/2 baths, a washer/dryer and dishwasher. They supply the toliet paper not sure why another reviewer said they didn't. They even supply a roll of paper towels, a sponge and dish soap. My brother-in-law is in the pool business and said the pool was in great condition and it looked like it had just been updated.
We had the woodstove going and it really heated the 1st level. The rugs are old and my kids socks were dirty from walking on them but management said they were starting to replace them.
We love that area. It's right in the middle between Cranmore and Wildcat. We definitely recommend this place. It's not a 5 star condo but if management makes some updates it could be.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank mlbeegan
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The place was freezing cold when we arrived. The heaters were not working, the only means of heat was a wood stove that we had to buy wood for to try and warm up a three floor condo. The door to the deck off the master bedroom would not close tight and the cold air blew right in. We had to leave a day early and they would not issue a refund for the night. Overall I would never recommend this place to any body. There is way to many issues with the palce overall. If you decide to stay here, you would be better off throwing your money away in the trash.

Room Tip: The Red Jcket down the street is an amazing place to stay.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron D
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Cathedral ledge is definitely getting run down,but they have already renovated the pool and jacuzzi.They are in the process of redoing each unit. It is in a great location. Near storyland, shops cranmore etc. It easily sleeps 8 people and has 2 and half baths.It also has its own grill and washer and dryer. I love going with my family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank devjaychris
Reviewed September 1, 2011

...but they don't appear to have maintained the place at all. The location was great and the units are spacious, but those are the only positives. The entire place is in disrepair; from the workout room (a rickety old treadmill and some random free weights), to the playground (a couple of sad, rusted swings), to the units themselves. Our balcony had a sign on the door saying not to use it because it was unsafe, the jets didn't work on the jacuzzi tub, and to top it off the air conditioning was broken - it blasted HEAT (in August!) and we were unable to turn it off. A side table was in pieces, the handle on the wood stove was broken, they didn't even provide toilet paper...I could go on. The doors didn't lock, either. I know it's a safe area, but still...

Management was not helpful.

In the interest of full disclosure, friends loaned us their timeshare so we weren't the ones paying to stay here. We've stayed at a bunch of other properties that are part of the Interval timeshare in the past, and none have been even remotely as shabby as Cathedral Ledge.

This place is not inexpensive...I would be extremely angry if I invested in a timeshare and walked into this hot mess.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank corrinajean
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have been coming up to this resort since it first opened in th early 1980's. My parents own two week as do other relatives. The resort and the units were quite a showpiece back then. I have been coming up with my family and my sister's family for the past 6 years. We have kids ranging from 4- 9. The units do need to be updated but everything was very clean. New beds in the master bedroom were a plus. The pool was extremely clean. The grounds also need to be refreshed but, the grass was mowed and some small flowering plants were around. We did have some minor issues with our unit but they were quickly resolved. The new management team seems to be on the ball. I was also excited to know that the units are being updated -one of the units was already done it looked great. We were lucky and had great weather and the kids enjoyed storyland, minature golf, Zebs General Store, and the new summer rides at Mount Cranmore- their Papa's favorite place to ski. They loved looking over cathedral ledge. The shopping is great and Mount Washington is breath taking. There is so much to do in the area that it is impossible to be bored. I am looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway
#12 of 25 in North Conway
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#6 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Cathedral Ledge Condominium Resort? Share your experiences!