“Great New Edition to Hooksett”

New England's Tap House Grille
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Hooksett
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Tap House offers a new take on the classic American Grille. Our farm-to-table philosophy drove us to find locally-grown ingredients for our meals and locally-brewed beers to put through our taps. When you enter the Tap House, you'll find a pub-style atmosphere with a sophisticated twist.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I am not a drinker so the LARGE selection of beer did not intrigue me. However, the food was great! A variety to choose from reasonable prices. The open kitchen was a nice view too

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Being a hooksett native I was very happy to see a locally owned restaurant open! After several visits I decided it was time to give a review.
The staff at the Taphouse is top notch, friendly attentive, funny and genuine! One of our latest servers Nicole was just as great. The food is always fresh here and you can really taste the difference. One of my favorite burgers is the popper burger, fresh jalapeno poppers stuffed with goodness on top of a huge grade a Angus beef burger. The beer and wine selection is wonderful. Beats many of the cities bars!
I would reccomend this place over a chain restaurant like the 99 or applebees anyday

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've been here twice and sat at the bar both times. The first time the service was slow but the second was perfect. They have a very good beer selection and the food is above average for a restaurant of this type. It's very clean and the bar has tv's all the way around. If you're considering a place to go in Hooksett give them a try.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

There are many positive things about this restaurant. We still have service issues at the tables but we have been two more times since the last review and we sat at the bar. Very prompt service with great attitudes. We had the burgers and they were awesome! Overall, I think they are really trying to improve and I would recommend you try this place although maybe not if you are on limited time.

1  Thank mkowenscandia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for lunch arriving around 12:30pm. There were a few patrons but the longer we stayed the more people came in for lunch. We were greeted quickly and shown to our table which faced the bar with three large TVs showing sports channels. My husband asked to lower the volume of the music. The light over the table provided good lighting but due to my height the light fixture shown the light bulb in my eyes so I had to sit back to try and stay at a different level. Our waitress arrived quickly enough but dropped my lemon on the table and placed it back in my ice tea. It took a considerable time to get our food which we ordered the soup & salad (chili and a garden salad) and 1/2 order of the grilled shrimp skewers with the basted garlic and herbs, risotto and baked large carrots. I did like that they offered half plates on their entrees. The chili and salad were good - fresh greens and veggies. The shrimp were good, the menu indicated "jumbo shrimp" but they were good size but not jumbo. The risotto tasted like overcooked rice and the carrots had no taste. My husband did enjoy the cornbread that came with his chili - something he is very particular about. Though our waitress kept telling us that there was no rush she didn't return very often and took quite awhile to get our check. The total was about average for what we usually pay for lunch. This is a place that my 40ish grown kids would enjoy with all the various beers and the TVs with sports. Not sure what the hours are but I picked up a take out menu - it did not indicate the hours. I remember the signage on the door indicated they opened at 11:30am. I agree with the reviewer about having another option in Hooksett for a nonchain restaurant. Would probably return for lunch; might be too loud for us at dinner.