“A Unique Experience”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is not your run-of-the-mill dining experience. We had heard wonderful things about Bavaria, so we called to make a same-day reservation and were informed that we were VERY lucky because someone had cancelled. The severe woman on the phone instilled a sense of fear and dread in me like you wouldn't believe, but we went anyway. I'm glad we did.

The restaurant is hard to find. You'd think it would be front and center with easy-to-spot signage. Instead, it is tucked away in an industrial area, in a section facing away from the road.

Once we found our way to the restaurant, we stepped through the door and into another world. The woman who had taken my phone call greeted us at the door and ushered us to our table immediately. She was polite and professional, but I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling from her.

The decor of this place is hard to describe. It's a cross between an antique store and your grandmother's house. Everywhere you look, there is something interesting that will catch your eye. I do not mean to say that it was tacky or kitschy...just brimming with interesting knick-knacks.

Our waitress was very friendly and willing to explain the menu and allowed us to customize our meals to our liking. The menu was full of authentic items. If you're on a diet, this is not the place for you. Not much in the way of vegan or light fare. Our meals were excellent, but because they cook everything to order, it does take a while to come out. You will definitely want to order an appetizer.

The tables are well spaced, so you do not feel like you are on top of other diners while you are eating. The ambiance was rather relaxed. It seems that all styles of dress are welcome there; we saw people wearing jeans and others wearing suits and dresses. I'd probably not dress up next time we go. It seems like a jeans and sweater kind of place.

Prepare yourself for a hefty bill at the end of the meal. Bavaria is not cheap, but it is also worth the money. For two adults, our bill came out to about $80 (before tip) for one appetizer, two entrees, and iced tea. I'd imagine that drinks and dessert would have boosted that price much higher. We fully intend to save room for dessert next time.

Just a note...this is not a place for children. Our nine year-old is very well behaved in restaurants, and we still would not bring her there. It is quiet (but not overly so) and expensive and the experience runs at a slow pace. Any child would become impatient. We also did not notice a children's menu.

1  Thank daynasu

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I really like this place, the food can be a little pricey but we have yet to have something we dont like. Good beer and good food in a cozy atmosphere, you will enjoy yourself. Have a big beer and some weinershnitzel(sp) or brats. Try some of the aps they have one with pretzels that you dip into some type of potatoe that is awsome.

1  Thank beowulf566
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant gives you all you could want in an authentic Bavarian cuisine restaurant. The menu has a wide variety of choices that is sure to please any palate. Schnitzel, brats, spaetzle, pfannkuchen etc. all are done with authentic German technique and flavor. You will definitely want to return for another meal to try other items on the menu. The wait staff is excellent as well.

2  Thank Robert J
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Bavaria is very good. On a recent visit (our 2nd time there), we enjoyed every dish including: a delicious potato soup with speck (bacon); a smoked pork chop; excellent bratwurst with homemade sauerkraut (you just have to live that); and a nice schnitzel. Large frosty German beers are the perfect accompaniment. The decor is fine - nothing amazing, but at least an attempt at making it feel like you are in an authentic setting. Service was good, and the owner (dressed in a frock) came over and asked about our meal. Always appreciate that kind of effort.

I really like this place, and will gladly go back.

1  Thank Granite_Stater
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A huge part of my family lives in Germany and I have to admit the food and beer is authentic as it can get. The Jagerschnitzel I had and the beef my gf had were amazing. The beers are huge and fantastic of the draft. Service is impeccable as well. Best spatzel I've had in a long time.

The only bad part is that the restaurant is a little off the beaten path but their was plenty of business. It's well worth the visit to dine somewhere that offers a different type of cuisine.

2  Thank PrimeExcursionist

Been to Bavaria Restaurant? Share your experiences!