“Nice stay for biz trip. Here's what's around....”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hooksett
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hooksett
California and Beyond
“Nice stay for biz trip. Here's what's around....”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I stayed here for three nights for a business trip. I am a Marriott Points Fan - so while this was not the nearest hotel for my purposes (i.e. downtown Manchester), it was a very pleasant stay and part of the Marriott Points Family. I sort of live on room service and while this one lacked it, I made due quite nicely. Right outside your door at this hotel (in fact, it shares the same parking lot) is a mega-gastation which houses a Dunkin' Donuts and has a farily complete mini-mart inside (i.e beer, snacks, hot food, etc). Just down the street (maybe 1-2 miles) are a string of restaurants, a few fast food places (Burger King, KFC, etc.). There we also some adequate sandwich shops, italian places, pizza, etc.

The hotel is probably about a 5-10 minutes drive to downtown Manchester via a some city streets which were easy to navigate. The hotel itself is very new. In fact, some locals in Manchester swore that there wasn't a Fairfiled Inn in Hooksett at all. Only after googling (I suspect) did they finally agree with me. So, being new, the lobby was nice, the staff very friendly, the rooms clean and new, it was completely enjoyable. A nice plus, was the free WIFI, too!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
US
Reviewed July 31, 2009

This hotel is incredibly new. The rooms were large and had a cheerful decor. The shower was excellent. My only complaint is they have 0 adjoining rooms. That makes things harder for a family with lots of kids.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I've got to say, there is nothing that failed to please at this place. The hotel looks brand-new, and the furnishings are really spectacular for this affordable, little hotel. Check out the Fairfield website pics b/c that exactly what the rooms look like, not just the picture of the only good room on the place!

We didn't use the pool. The free continental breakfast was the usual selection except with a belgian waffle maker.

The location was great -- just five mins. or so from Manchester shopping. We found all pros and no cons at this great place!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia Pa.
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I wasn't pleased with some of the reviews for Manchester motels, so I thought I would give this one a try. I needed a motel reasonably close to the airport, and this was the place. Friendly staff, SPOTLESS room. The indoor pool is in A-1 condition. The free breakfast is ok. It is right next to a convenience store, but we drove about 5-10 minutes and there are many many eating places close by. One of the nicest motels I stayed at in a long time.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed September 13, 2008

This is a very nice hotel, brand new and the staff were excellent. This is got to be one of the best hotels i have ever stayed at. Being a marriott rewards member for 3 years now. The staff even helped me bring my luggage to my room, In regards this is not a full service hotel. I believe the name of employee was Nicholas, And the front desk person was awesome aswell (Vanessa). Overall i recommend this hotel to everyone that stays in the area. Great staff Great place to Stay!

• Liked — The Staff!
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Located near I-93 and US-3, this hotel is an excellent option versus downtown Manchester's generally ho-hum Mo-tel choices. I was pleasantly surprised to get a very spacious room. Here are some highlights:

42" LCD HDTV, WITH HDTV cable, rare find in hotels of any caliber, nevermind this lower-priced Marriott brand!

Modern bed furnishings and room colours...this is not a bland corporate Marriott, thank goodness. This is the new design pallette Marriott is launching, and it is far nicer than before.

Free, and very fast wireless internet. Not even a need to register or go through the signup page nonsense...power on and go.

Larger than average bathroom, nicely appointed with good lighting, ventilation, and a great showerhead.

Now for the few minuses:

Not located near anything decent eats-wise. You'll have to get in your car and drive a few miles for some acceptable restaurants. This hotel is next to a gas station with a Dunkin franchise, so I suppose a hot-dog & donut dieter might just be thrilled.

Breakfast coffee was vulgar. I seem to find this issue at ALL Marriott properties. Thank goodness there is a Dunkin Donuts next-door. Whoever at Marriott is in charge of coffee contract purchasing...fire them, please. Taste matters, even if free, or don't bother, please. I'm serious.

Hotel markets itself as a "green" hotel. I'm not buying that line one bit. Once I see organic cotton towels, you ditch the Pantene hair products for something organic, put in recycled paper notepads, etc. I might believe. For green done right, see: Kimpton hotels. For a new hotel, this place did lack the typical new paint and carpet odors, which might be what they meant, but still I feel it's greenwashing.

Uncomfortable desk chair: And this is not the first time I've complained about Marriott's standard furnishings. This thing was intended for a quick moment, not something you'd want to work in for a few hours as I had to. Looked nice, but not comfy. I am Marriott Platinum, so I see this problem repeatedly...hint hint oh Marriott corporate people.

All in all, this was an 8 of 10. A few misses, but most things were on the mark, which I do not normally expect with the Fairfield brand. Good job!

• Liked — HDTV and HDTV channels
  • Disliked — Desk Chair
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank travel_wahoo
berlin,nh
Reviewed July 25, 2008

This is a brand new Fairfield inn, Its very nicely decorated,The staff were friendly and helpful,by far this is the nicest fairfield inn we've stayed at the first night we stayed in the regular room because we were using our rewards points the second night we got the suite which was much more spacious ,and had a mini fridge and microwave its worth the little extra for the suite in my opinion. Great hotel very clean ,and the prices are really good for the area and what you get for the money

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — I lked everything no complaints
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank lovetheferncroft
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hooksett
La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Centennial Hotel
Centennial Hotel
#3 of 8 in Concord

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hooksett? Share your experiences!