“Great Lunch!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My family and I ate lunch at Walters Basin restaurant immediately following the Squam Lake cruise. Since the boat cruise leaves from the dock there, we decided to stop in for lunch when we got back. There were 8 of us and we all ordered something different. The menu was large with lots to choose from. The young lady that waited on us was very personable and helpful in answering questions. Our food came relatively quickly considering the size of our party and eveyone thought that what they ordered was very good. No complaints at all! The waitress even recommended a great ice cream place right down the road when we mentioned it to her. I would definitely recommend eating there at least once while visiting the Holderness area.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Considering it is the only restaurant in town that is open year-round it is great. The staff is very nice and the food is always good. If there is something you don't like they will gladly bring it back and correct it.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We sat at a bar. First round came immediately. Attempted to order for a good 20 minutes. The bar is only about half full at most. They served other patrons who had sat after us. Both myself and my friend work in a bust restaurant / bar... and we're not happy. We would understand if it were busy. But COME ON! it's a slow afternoon, before dinner rush, in june.

I Will not be back
And I drive by this place 4 times a week.

1  Thank Brandon H
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Good food with a great view of Squam Lake. Nice place to have a quiet dinner. Food is nicely prepared and very tasty. Try the duck you won't be sorry. Service was very good and prices are average for the area. They also have a nice wine and drink list. All in all you can't go wrong if you are looking for a nice quiet dinner with a super view of the lake.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Pros:
-The view and location is great.

Cons:
-It was hot outside when we went and there was no air conditioning. I was dripping with perspiration while I was eating.
-Plain decor with not much character.
-Food was OK but the menu seemed kind of limited on choices.
-Service was just adequate...I think they were too hot to smile.