“Great food, friendly atmosphere”

Walter's Basin Pub or the Basshole Pub
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Holderness
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Located in the charming town of Holderness, this lakefront restaurant is very charming. The pricing is a bit higher than I 'd like to see. Friendly, casual atmoshere. Sweet potato fries are fantastic!

1  Thank BouldersMotel2012

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stopped in by chance and we are glad that we did. I had the lobster roll. My husband had the fish and chips. The portions were generous, our server Johanna was super pleasant and the view was spectacular!

1  Thank QueenEeeeeeee
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a great place to grab dinner on Little Squam Lake in Holderness NH. The food is very good, service friendly and a nice experience for a romantic or celebratory dinner or group meal. The view out across the Lake is beautiful and lets one experience the NH lake life.

1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We dined at Walter's twice over the weekend. One member of our party said, "I see no reason to go anywhere else to eat while we're here!" The food was simply delicious at dinner and at lunch the following day. I had the teriyaki steak tips for dinner, and they were delicious. My husband had the trout, also wonderful. Nice setting on the water. Friendly staff.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I really enjoyed the setting, the service, and the food at Walter's this past weekend. I was nervous that the place might prove to be just another tourist trap but my fears were misplaced. The chowder was delicious -- full of clam meat. The scallops were also wonderful -- very large. The service was very friendly. The venue provided nice views of the lake. Prices were reasonable. I will go back.