“Good quality of food, Walter's Basin Pub”

Walter's Basin Pub or the Basshole Pub
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Holderness
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Warrington
“Good quality of food, Walter's Basin Pub”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Good menu and not expensive Would recommend. We were able to wealk one mile from the Inn in which we were staying.

Visited June 2012

Concord, New Hampshire
“Food with a view”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We enjoyed a pub meal mid-afternoon at the pub area of this restaurant. It is easy to find even without a hostess present as a sign states 'seat yourself'. The open square bar seats approximately 20 people and with 2 servers taking orders and mixing drinks, a lively atmosphere is created. The menu has an insert with that day's specials, all food is reasonably priced. But watch out for the drinks - ordering a glass of 'special' Pinot Grigio, a St. Michelle, served cold, sets you back $13 which is so out of line with other drinks and the bar setting. After all, you're in a pub with t-shirt dressed servers! Overall, the food was tasty, served at the proper temperature, with good timing and of course the water view is just wonderful. But stick with the basics and you'll enjoy food and drinks at a reasonable cost.

• Visited May 2012
new hampshire
“Great View Not so Great Food”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We recently had dinner doing the busy Memorial Weekend, had a reservation, I assumed it would be packed, not busy, perhaps 5 tables had guests(now I know why) We have been to Walter's many times and love the view and peacefulness of the lake and the food was always good-to great.

Not so this time, I ordered a cosmo and had to send it back, no triple sec was mix in, drink very sour, waitress was pleasant and offered to have it fixed, I declined. I then asked about the menu.

I asked if the mussels were New Zealand in a cream sauce, which we have had many times before, The waittress assured me they were. When they came, I was shocked, they were the black little mussels, in a broth , onions, celery. this certainly wasn't what I asked for, they were not very tasty, I did let the waittress know I wasn't happy with them. The bread was 4 slices of tasteless french bread ,

I asked about the menu, The salmon which was a special was farm raised. The Lobster Ravioa was frozen. I ordered the New England Seafood, $25 it was in a bowl with mussels, 4 sprimp, a piece of lobster the size of a small claw shredded, it had onions, squash in the broth, it was so small, I was still hungry, and I'm not a big person or big eater, I was so taken back that I was served this dish for the amount they charged, Hubby had fish & chips, haddock was ok french fries, not good , frozen. The manager came over and asked how we enjoyed our food. I told her we were very disappointed in the food & drink, having come so often here and always having good food , not pleased. She was very nice and did offer us a $20 Gift Certifcate to use, and she said I hope you will give us another try, she said she was sorry and that she would speak to the staff . I Would not return, I'm sad because I love the view, and I would not recommend to friends. If you want a great meal and go to "O's Seafood, its wonderful!

• Visited May 2012
Springfield, Vermont, United States
“friendly staff”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The staff was friendly and the food was good, lacked some flavor. Overall it was a good meal.

Visited May 2012
“Great View of Little Squad & Great Food”
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Had full bodied fried clams, sweet potato fries with cider maple syrup for dipping and Cole saw. Everything was fresh and prepared upon order. Love every bite.