“Our annual family vacation”

White Oak Motel & Cottages
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Holderness
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Three generations of my family look forward to coming here every August. We are a large group and take up four hotel rooms and two cottages. Although the accommodations aren't new, they are comfortable and family friendly. We feel safe letting our kids, (ages 11 to 21) run around the property while enjoying the clean, quiet and breathtakingly beautiful lake and immaculate pool. I don't know how they always have such a clean pool! Carol does everything in her power to make our stay pleasant and we always feel welcome. I love going there and watching the kids including my nieces and nephews grow up with such great memories of family vacations. It's a family run business run for families like ours, and we love it! Thanks to the McHugh family, keep up the good work so we have a great place to bring our families every August.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank laura m

Reviewed August 29, 2011

We love this place and the owners. Carol, is always so friendly and helpful. She also makes sure the place is kept very clean, which is the most important thing to me. We always feel at home there, and enjoy every minute of our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nhcharcat
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We've been vacationing at the White Oak Motel & Cottages for many years now. The location is perfect - central New Hampshire close to the Lakes region and the White Mountains. The motel rooms and cottages are always clean and ready to provide a perfect "home-away-from-home" The "pond" is huge and beautiful, with clean, clear water. Carol, John and the rest of the White Oak team are cordial and helpful at all times. We would highly recommend this to anyone interested in swimming, boating, and hiking in one of the most beautiful places in New England.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rackis
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Went on a fishing extended weekend with a friend and
found the place to be very clean, propietors very pleasant,
and location very convenient as we were fishing on lake
Winnispesaukee. As it had been raining for most of our
stay at White Oak, Carol even offered us a free nights
stay on top of what we paid for! Nice touch, I thought.
My friend an I plan to return to White Oak on our next
trip in 2012 and we are sure we will be equally pleased.
Allen Venskus

Room Tip: no tip, depends on size of group
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank allen06
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I have been going to White Oak for 4 years now. I rent a cottage lakeview and have a terrific time. The cottage is always clean, the grounds are beautiful and the lake is fantastic for fishing and swimming. It is also nice to have a pool if you're not in the mood for the lake.

The best part of staying at White Oak is the service. The owners and workers are all friendly, helpful and just plain good people.

We look forward to our trip to White Oak all year long.

Room Tip: Book a cottage in February.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank LeslieSchechter
Reviewed May 6, 2011

My family started going to White Oak in the 40's starting with my grandparents, then my parents and now my family as well as my sister and her family.
Remarkably, the placed has changed little since we first started going there- though the current owners have put a lot of time and effort into updates and upkeep.
If you want a completely relaxed vacation with little in the way of distractions (no cell, laptops, pagers etc) but accessible to shopping and attractions I highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank meherter
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The cabin looked right out onto White Oak Pond. The owners could not have been more friendly and helpful. Canoes and row boats are available. I liked the cabin, but for info it is rustic. The fixtures and fittings were ancient and one could argue the place needed redecorating. But I didn't mind as everything was clean and functional and I thought it was still good value. Great place for exploring Squam lakes area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TwitRobin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holderness
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Meredith
The Manor on Golden Pond
The Manor on Golden Pond
#3 of 3 in Holderness

Been to White Oak Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!