“The Quintessential New England B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hillsborough
Stonewall Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hillsborough B&B and Inns
Sparta, New Jersey
“The Quintessential New England B&B”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Loved my stay here. Already planning to return. The setting is perfect. In the evening, from my room I watched the full moon rise over the peak color autumn trees-- looked like an old woodblock carving. And then in the morning the sun came up to reveal the glistening of the first hard frost. The smell of the morning coffee drew me downstairs-- still in my PJs -- and it was just perfect. The ideal breakfast; a spinach/feta omelet (with eggs from the chickens on premises -- can't get more locavore than that) a warm lemon ginger scone and two simple breakfast sausages. Meg was the perfect hostess with just the right amount of good stories about the impressive history of the town and The Stonewall Farm. I truly felt right at ease and like "one of the family." Easily the best B&B I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank B0BeG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Thanks Meg for another wonderful stay at Stonewall Farm. My family all (18) enjoyed the stay and your breakfast was just out of this world good. When the little ones clean there plate and want more I thought there was something wrong with them. You always make us feel at home and we all feel like part of your extended family. We look forward in taking up the whole house and barn again in the near future. The kids just loved the animals. Keep up the good work and keep building on and they will come. See ya soon again.

Room Tip: The Franklin Pierce room has a fire place and a king bed this has always been my favorite room on ev...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 585John
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the moment we arrived, I knew this was the perfect place to get away from it all. The owner, Meg, greeted us warmly, and led us to our charming, cozy rooms. The grounds were sprawling. Perfect for taking walks. The barn, which is picturesque, is used for large gatherings. A great place to hang out. Not only was Meg an excellent host, she also prepared wonderful breakfasts with fresh laid eggs from her chickens, and yummy vegetables from her garden. She was also very knowledgable about the area, and pointed out great places to explore. And what a great story teller. At the end of our stay, we didn't want to leave, and can't wait to go back for more memories.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Abbidev
Montauk, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was there for 5 days in June to take care of renting my late Mother's house in nearby Washington, NH. Meg is a great hostess and prepares a truly gourmet breakfast. Fills me up so that I am not hungry until late afternoon - often I just skip any real lunch and then go out locally for dinner. The rooms are authentically decorated in 19th century style and the beds are very comfortable. Whatever needs I had, Meg was glad to help out with. She even recommended workmen for repairs I needed to make on my Washington house to get it ready for tenants to move on on July 1 and found me a great cleaning person because the whole Washington house needed a thorough cleaning - it had been unoccupied for the prior year.

Room Tip: All rooms have AC and good, private, bathrooms. All rooms are quiet because the property is not on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank elibill
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at Stonewall Farms quite a few times in the last 15 years. Each time has been an Absolute pleasure. The historic value and decor of the home alone is worth a stay. Now lets add the lovely and charming Meg Curtis the Innkeeper and you are in for a unique experience. She is an excellent cook and we had two delicious breakfasts. We even had our son who was not a guest join us for one of them at the last minute and he was welcomed warmly. My husband and I like to immerse ourselves in local culture. This is the real thing. I wrinkle my brow at the 2 negative reviews. This has never been my experience at Stonewall Farm. Thanks for a wonderful stay Meg. See you next time!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Judith2145
Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My daughter ,wife and I enjoyed a wonderful extended weekend.Meg is attentive to any reasonable need and is up cooking breakfast with eggs from the resident hen. She know the history of the farm and shared the diaries of the owners from the 1800's The grounds are extensive and there are many local hamlets with attractions of their own. Meg makes Stonewall Farm it's own destination and is generous and hospitable from her heart.

Room Tip: Each is unique.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, MA
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful weekend in June. It's in a nice area of New Hampshire, not too far from Boston, and not too close either. There are many sites to see. Meg is just what we wanted in a hostess. Relaxed and a great cook. The room was lovely and the bed was comfortable. We'll be back!

Room Tip: The rooms do vary in size. Eat at The Pearl in Peterborough, even though the location is awful, the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsborough
Best Western Concord Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Concord
Colby Hill Inn
Colby Hill Inn
#1 of 2 in Henniker

Been to Stonewall Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!