“Exceeding Expectations!”

Tooky Mills Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Exceeding Expectations!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

After skiing all day my husband & I wanted a beer & a bite. We went in after they had closed the grill & they were so gracious & offered to open it for us. It REALLY made our night . The atmosphere here is nice, and the service fantastic. We ordered a couple of apps & they were fantastic . The staff definitely went above and beyond that night and it was so appreciated !

Henniker
“Will never return”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

For some reason my original review disappeared. Wife and I ate here on a Sunday night during the summer. It started off poor right from the beginning. I ordered a draft and it came to the table with not a single bubble in the glass. Talk about flat! I've had water from a faucet with more carbonation! I can't believe the bartender sent this to the table and I can't believe the waitress served it to me that way. The salads were just slightly cooler then room temperature. Way to warm for either of us. I made the mistake of ordering the lasanga. Soup would have been a better name for this item! The lasagna noodles and cheese concoction was so soggy I could barely make it stay on the fork. I would have asked for a spoon except after two very unpleasant bites I just pushed the mess away. If the sauce was from a can it must have been the cheapest brand available and if it was homemade I suggest they find another sauce recipe or just remove all items from the menu that use that slop. My wife ordered the Portobello mushroom. Mush was more like it, not enjoyable at all. When the waitress came back over we said to just bring the check. Even though both items were pushed towards the middle of the table and clearly hardly touched she never asked how everything was. We went here because someone had given us a gift cirtificate, so we tried the place and chalked it up as a bad dining experience. Had the place been busy I could possible understand issues like this. But this was a Sunday night and hardly anyone was in the dining room. Although we live close and dine out often we will not be returning to Tooky Mill Pub.

• Visited July 2012
Tolland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stopped for lunch and I was not impressed. Maybe it was my fault in making a poor selection. He had the Tooky Bomb sandwich and really liked it. I had the clam chowder and it was the worst I have ever had. There was some spice in it that absolutely overwhelmed the clams; I couldn't even identify it but thought it must be rosemary. Whatever it was, it spoiled the chowder and it is my opinion that they need to revise the recipe. The fries are great and my ham sandwich was fine. The decor is a bit shabby with peeling wallpaper. The service was lacking but it was a Saturday and very busy. When I pay my bill, I expect to get my change back right away, not wait for the waitress to take orders from a party of six first. Maybe it was an off day for me; I will say I would try again and hope for a better experience.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Janie61351
Montauk, New York
“Amazing food”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

True gourmet food at very reasonable prices. Wonderful atmosphere and friendly service. Children welcome. Local seasonal veggies! Killer desserts!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank elibill
“Simply fantastic!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Food is great some entrees are expensive but you get what u pay for! My recommendation would be a rack of ribs with potatoes, the sauce on the ribs is amazing and will leave u wanting more and the homemade I potatoes an homage gravy is delicious!
Almost everything at tookys is made there from the bread to the salad dressings...