“Sehr Gute Sachen aus Deutschland”

German John's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Hillsborough
Cuisines: German, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Bellows Falls
“Sehr Gute Sachen aus Deutschland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very good selection of German imports as well as John's own delicious baked goods. His Stollen is oustanding an his Pretzels, Wow, brings back many memories

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Vermonster05101

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I made my second visit to German John's Bakery while passing through Hillsborough in January 2013. I first visited with my wife and two kids last summer. The husband and wife owners made us feel welcome and at home. This time I made a point to visit while traveling alone. I received a warm welcome and hospitality. I had a sausage on a roll for lunch and a pretzel with a taste that lingered for quite a long time! I bought raspberry, pineapple, and apple pastries and sweet bread for my family back home in Virginia. They gave an me ice pack which kept them fresh for the long ride home. I wanted a scenic ride home so they gave advise about taking Rt. 9 through Vermont which proved helpful. I look forward to future visits next time I pass through the area. This bakery is worth going out of the way for.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank VaBeachMatt
Antrim, New Hampshire
“great real German food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Great food, you won't find elsewhere. A real German bakery. The owner will tell you not to eat the pretzels until they are cool, ignore her.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kitty M
Connecticut
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and I were staying in the neighboring town of Washington, but ventured into Hillborough for shopping. We dropped in one morning because we heard they had fresh pretzels to die for. That wasn't a lie. The pretzels were amazing and I wish we had bought more. We also bought three frozen loaves of sourdough, which have been so chewy, and flavorful that I wish we lived closer. My only note to a visitor is if you want bread fresh that day, you should time your visit around noon.

• Visited August 2012