“Good food, lovely view”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Daniel's is a good casual dining restaurant. The windows look out over the Contoocook river, and the deck brings you closer to the river but because of the railings the water view is actually better indoors. Better ambiance outside, take your pick.

A fairly standard casual menu but well done. We had pesto-stuffed mushroom caps, fish- and-chips, and ribs. All well-cooked and tasty, and the local beer is worth trying.

There are newer reviews for Daniel's Restaurant

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stopped by at Daniel's because I remember thinking that it had pretty decent reviews on Tripadvisor. We sat at the outside at the back. The view was beautiful which was only good thing there. They brought us bread, which was still ice cold in the middle, which means that they were frozen rolls. I also had French onion soup, and it was so salty, it was almost not edible. I also had to ask for soup spoon, which they forgot to give me with the soup. It arrived about whole five minutes later. I had ruben which was ok. My husband's meal was just ok also. Also their french fries are not actually fries but fried potato chips. We wanted to like the food, but it was such a disappointment. If it weren't for the view, it would have gotten two stars at best. We probably never go back again. Food just wasn't worth it.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I decided we hadn't been to Daniel's for awhile and after checking the menu online I decided this would be just what we were looking for tonight. We took the "old" road from Hillsborough to Henniker which is a really nice off the highway ride. When we arrived at Daniel's we were a bit concerned by the number of cars, thinking maybe we would have a wait. That wasn't the case. There really is a lot of seating including a deck, pub, and restaurant. We chose the restaurant and was seated by the window with the river view. Nice. Our waitress - Aimee - was wonderful. Smiles, a bit of chatting, just the right amount of attention. Then the meal! ! ! It was sooooo good. I wasn't really very hungry and chose the Caesar Salad with the added Salmon - YUM! ! ! My husband had London Broil with a mushroom, burgandy sauce - he LOVED it. We usually eat only half and take the rest home for another meal but this time we ate it all. Really good dinner experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We eat here whenever we visit New Hampshire. The food is excellent and the service is always top-notch. The drab cakes are my favorite. The soups and salads are great, too. The lovely view of the river adds to the dining experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

You must try the strawberry salad, it's to die for. We also had the salmon and haddock which were both excellently cooked. The service was efficient and friendly. Highly recommended.