“Nice Location”

Dining options: Reservations
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Nice Location”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have been to Daniel's four times now. It's a good place to go for a burger and a beer (preferably on the back deck overlooking the river). However, there is hardly anyone else in there anytime I go, so I'm weary about ordering anything more. I did have the calamari though, and it was just Ok.

1 Thank I_EAT123

dorset
“good food, helpful staff, lovely setting”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is not fine dining but the menu is varied, prices reasonable and the food very acceptable. The staff were helpful and the views of the river added to an overall enjoyable visit. we did not have to wait for our drinks order to be taken but if we had it would have been a pleasure to just sit and look out of the window!

• Visited October 2013
Midland, Michigan, United States
“Terrible service but good food”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Let me preface this by saying the only reason I am giving this place two stars is because the food is really good once you actually get it. Our dining experience started off on the wrong foot right away as we had to wait about 5 minutes after being seated before our server came over to get our drink order. I ordered the Wild Bill BBQ Burger and upon it's arrival I asked for some clarification on what the burger was supposed to contain. I asked if it was supposed to contain bacon and/or onions. Rather than saying no and informing me that my burger was delivered as specified on the menu, She grabbed the burger out from in front of me and said "Then this isn't the burger you wanted." What I thought I had order was a burger with BBQ sauce, bacon, and onions. If she had told me that what I received was truly what I had ordered, then the discussion would have been done. I would have eaten my mistake and moved on with life.

Rather, I had to sit and wait for another 20 minutes while my wife ate her lunch. Then she brought me what I found out to be later learned to be a Normandy Burger. When I asked for further clarification on what exactly she brought me, she copped an attitude, muttered something that I couldn't understand, and stormed off. The other server that was working that afternoon overheard what was going on and asked what she could do to make it all better. My answer to her was all that I wanted was a little side of BBQ sauce. Two minutes later she returned with a side of BBQ sauce and I ate my burger which turned out to be really good. Instead of seeking out the manager, we just paid our bill and left because I was so irritated and frustrated with how meal turned out. I am still asking myself why I paid the bill without just walking out because I should have received more compensation than the 10% off coupon that we received from Henniker Brewing Company. The only reason I paid my bill without walking out was because I was raised better than that.

1 Thank Justin J
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful food.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The setting is lovely, but the food was not. Both of our meals (eggs benedict and blue cheese burger) arrived barely heated. The blue cheese never even melted on the burger.

1 Thank Lillygib
Birchington, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at Henniker House just a few doors away from Daniel's restaurant, and had two meals there and visited at lunchtime for drinks. All the staff were helpful and friendly (especially the waitress who said our accent reminded her of her mum who is British!) We had two very nice meals here, one of which was for my husband's birthday on 4 July! The portions, as is the same everywhere in the states were too large for me, were nevertheless very tasty and nicely cooked (apart from my husband's steak which was a bit chewy). We ate on the deck overlooking the Contoocook river on the second night and this was a lovely setting, and service on both nights was excellent. If ever get the chance, will visit again!

• Visited July 2013