“Extermely poor”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have enjoyed this restaurant many times in the past and have been very satisfied, however the last two times have not been up to the standards expected. On august 29, 2012 our visit for both my wife and I was terrible. I had what was supposed to be pulled pork. What was served was chunks of tough fatty pork. When we brought it to the attention of the waitress she informed us the pork was to hot for the chef to pull so he pulled it apart by hand, does not explain the poor quality of the pork. My wife suggested we bring them in some pulled pork so they could see what is supposed to be. Obviously should not be on the menu if they do not know how to cook it. The main resin we went there was my wife liked the crab cakes in the past which she said was the best in the area, no longer. They had changed the recipe and loaded it with what appeared to be Old Bay seasoning to the point she could not taste the crab. The mashed potatoes were also load with garlic and old bay, they were red.
The previous visit I ordered a file steak medium well. When it came out the steak was rare. Sent it back twice and it was still rare. Finally suffered through it since my wife was just about done with her meal. Needless to say I did not order steak this time since it would probably be rare.
This is the last time we will dine at this restaurant since they now seem to have reduced the quality of the food and preparation. It is to expensive to waste money on poor quality where the best part of the meal was the wine.

There are newer reviews for Daniel's Restaurant

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were passing through this part of New Hampshire on family business. We had an afternoon free and wanted to see some sites. We heard there was a covered bridge in Henniker and headed that way. It was a late Thursday afternoon and stopped for a mini craft fair/ farmer's market across the street. We bought homemade goat cheese and barbeque sauce and enjoyed a singer on the stage. This is exactly what we expected in a small New Hampshire town....
Anyway, Daniel's looked good so we went in. As you may tell from the photo, a stairway leads down to both indoor and outdoor sections of the restaurant. No rude owners or incompetent wait staff or chefs anywhere. Other families and twosomes were clearly enjoying their food. The view was much better than what may be inferred from my photo.The service was great and a warm smile was always ready. I had a Reuben that was not too thick and not too thin.... My wife enjoyed her salad. My son had a thick burger just to his liking. My picky eleven year old daughter enjoyed her pasta. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Daniel's. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a hidden gem, but I would eat there again.
We enjoyed our brief stop in Henniker. It was getting late and we needed to get back to our home base in Manchester. We forgot all about the covered bridge, but we had such a good time in this village, we really didn't mind missing it!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We saw two people at different tables return their food. This place needs an overhaul.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We found this place to have a million dollar view and the food and service was the quality one would expect from a cute nh country restaurant. My husband and I and another couple had the opportunity to take a leisurely trip through NH this weekend and happened upon this hidden gem.

We came on a Saturday afternoon/evening and with relatively little wait, we were treated to a riverside table in this cute country restaurant. In short, our experience was amazing from start to finish. All i can say is great food, better service , and wonderful libations. We had NE seafood, (very fresh) and prime rib. everyones dinners were more than plentiful and spot on in taste and presentation. The server was knowledegable and extremely attentive and again, the view was the clincher. WHAT A LOVELY EXPERIENCE. Cant wait for our next country road trip

Reviewed June 3, 2012

The owner has created an establishment that is not only NOT child friendly, but also not friendly for paying customers. The owner degraded me not only in front of my fiance' and child, but in front of other patrons. The owner used foul language toward me and told me that he would be "pissed if he saw my kid out here." What was hoped to be a nice night of dinner and local music had turned into us tucked away from our friends and entertainment. As far as the food and service, our waitress was very nice and attentive, but food was expensive. 8 bucks for a burger, but you have to pay an extra 3 dollars for fries! If you are considering spending your money at Daniel's Restaurant, move along. There are many other hard working and FRIENDLY owners that are more deserving of your business.

4  Thank Drew H