“Real good food and charming location”

Bartlett's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Henniker
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Western Ave.
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Mason and his wife have provided an outstanding dining experience in an inn in the "only Henniker on earth." The chef makes every meal a dining experience, utilizing many local ingredient's. Plan for a relaxing and unhurried evening - service is very good.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was visiting the area, and my hosts took me to the Colby Hill Inn for dinner. I had a scallop special, which was excellent. Very flavorful, cooked perfectly. Everyone at the table enjoyed their dinners as well. The desserts were just ok, not as delicious as the entrees. Nice wine list, and friendly, prompt service. Very cozy dining room.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I just came back from a weekend in the Lake Sunapee Area and my husband and I hadn't really scoped out any places to eat and found this fabulous place! We found it on the internet and saw the menu and it was the best one around of all the restaurants. I consider ourselves foodies and enjoy food so much and consider it an experience. I really didn't know what to expect but I had the seafood crepes for an appetizer and the "Colby Hill Inn Chicken" stuff with lobster and crap meat. it was delicious!!! My husband had the french onion soup which wasn't the traditional heavy onion soup. The broth was very light. It was not the best he has had but you know the ingredients are fresh. The atmosphere was very cozy and we were welcomed with a warm smile. The waitress was so kind and delightful. My husband also had the duck for his entree. The duck was delicious but a bit gamey for our taste. However, it was again very fresh and not filled with preservatives or doused in grease, oil. We live in Boston and eat very well in the city and I have to say that Colby Hill Inn was right up there with the high end restaurants without the hustle and bustle. It was so charming and welcoming. For a glass of wine, a tea, two appetizers, two entrees and one dessert with tip, our bill came to approx $160. I highly recommend it to anyone going to stay in the Sunapee area. I would have stayed at the Inn as well, if i had done my research! Happy eating to whoever goes...oh, one more thing, the lavender creme brulee was heavenly :) This place had groups of friends, couples and families. I wouldn't recommend any loud children as it would ruin the atmosphere of it being calm and relaxing but it does welcome children from what I saw.

1  Thank JPAKC
Reviewed December 29, 2013

After searching far and wide (from the tip of Maine to Florida) we decided on the Colby Hill Inn as the perfect place for our intimate 30 person wedding. We could not have been more pleased. The chef took our ideas and threw his culinary spin on them to make the most delicious presentation we could have ever imagined. Mason and his staff were beyond approachable, accompdating and sweet. All of our guests were amazed and as pleased as we were. The staff was beyond attentive. My husband and I cannot say enough about Mason and his staff. Go here for dinner, book them for a party, try one of their amazing wine pairing dinners (and book a room they are very generous with the wine!) just try the Colby Hill Inn!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed for one night in October. We had dinner at the restaurant there and I had a delicious meal. My boyfriend's meal was good but not great. The patio was quite nice with a gas fire. The dining room was lovely and breakfast was very good. The room was nice but not the nicest we've had. We were in the carriage house and I am guessing that the rooms in the main house are nicer (I think we got the last room). Overall, a very pleasant stay.

Been to Bartlett's Restaurant? Share your experiences!