“Colby Inn”

Bartlett's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Henniker
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Western Ave.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My Wife and I stayed at the Colby Inn on September 3rd and September 4th. My daughter had given us a gift certificate for our away from home stay. If you are traveling for a one night stay and are interested in the outdoors for hiking, etc, the Colby Inn would be a best bet. It you are not an adventurer, then shopping is a bit far, but absolutely wonderful - Merrimac Outlets. The room was beautifully decorated, but the bed was uncomfortable. Breakfast served on both days was superb. Dinner the first night was great, but the Inn has a limited menu. My Wife had duck and I had pork. The second night for Dinner was not so great. My Wife raved about the duck so I ordered it also. It came out cold, but it was so different than the previous night that we could not eat it. We left to go elsewhere. I cannot say enough good things about the Servers at the Inn. They were wonderful at Breakfast and Dinner. They tended to every need. Keeping in mind that this was our first time at an Inn, we did not know what to expect. To others that utilize an Inn, it might be a good bet!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The food and wine list are simply fantastic -- end of story - that says it all -- many, many local residents are regular customers for dinner, because the food is so good, so guests staying at the Inn should be prepared to "compete" for a table.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant is in the Colby Hill Inn but is open to the public though I'd make a reservation for sure. Their wine list is excellent and has received the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. The meals we had, from starters and salads to dessert, were excellent. They had a Shrimp Fritter for a starter that was unlike any other fritter I have had and was a light, refreshing, and tasty start to the meal. The lobster stuffed chicken was very tasty and well sauced and our steak was cooked perfectly to temperature. The sides of starch and potatoe were fresh and well seasoned and complemented the entree perfectly. At night in Winter the dining room was very romantic and quiet with large windows opening onto the rear yard with it's lighted trees, Definitely worth a visit to te Inn just for the restaurant.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hands down this Inn has the friendliest staff and owners ever. Ever! Beautiful room, excellent meals and they bend over backwards to make you comfortable and feel welcome. We brought our little one year old and were worried about how we would keep her milk since she was no longer on formula. We just decided we would have to buy milk wherever we were eating when she needed it. EVERY SINGLE TIME we asked for some milk for her at the Inn ( normally at a meal or before bed) they refused to charge us. Are you serious? In this era of businesses nickel and diming the public to death you refuse to charge us? They even offered baby a sippy cup (though we had our own) and she got a little duck from the owner when he found out she was teething. People, the service does not get better than this. Thank you so much- had a truly wonderful time. Highly, honestly recommend!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

We have been to the Sunday Brunch at Colby Hill Inn a few times over the years. Had a number of business dinners there as well. So this past week we met friends there for a nice holiday treat.

We walk in and we were the only folks there. Weird this has always been a popular place for brunch.

The Serivice was slow, the food was bland and it was hard to get a drink or a refill.

The ginger carrot soup had zero ginger taste, the deserts were bland and each one of us (6) thought the place had seen much better days.

We were there for over two and a half hours and we were alone the whole time.

I hope they get their act together. It's good for everyone.

3  Thank parkerisland