“Family friendly mountain!”
Review of Pats Peak

Pats Peak
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Henniker
More attraction details
Owner description: Pats Peak is a great family friendly mountain with day and night skiing, snowboarding and snowtubing. It is one of the state's most accessible learn-to-ski-and snowboard mountains and is one of the largest night-skiing facilities in all of Northern New England. With trails for all ability levels, terrain parks and snowtubing there is something for everyone. Pats Peak has everything you need with rentals, ski/snowboard lessons, kids programs, childcare and more. 100% snowmaking coverage guarantees great conditions all season long. Kids 5 and under ski free anytime when accompanied by a ticketed adult.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My kids learned to ski and snowboard here. They still want to go there in the beginning of each season to take a lesson. Both boys swear they have the best instructors:-) If you're looking for low-key, uncrowded and friendly, this is your mountain. If you're looking for challenging, fast paced terrain and crowds, then don't go here. I'm an intermediate skier and can do their blacks without any difficulty at all. Pats peak is wonderful for children and families. My boys have been going off to ski without mom (if I needed a bathroom break, or just a break in general) here since they were 11 and 7, and not once did i worry about them. My son loves the terrain park. They have two separate lodges, and very rarely do they feel crowded. It's easy to pack in your own food, but if you're going to purchase food, their prices are fairly reasonable. Their cookies are fabulous! Pat's is also a super place to go if you're just learning as an adult, or if perhaps you've taken some time off from skiing and want to go back. I've heard that they are planning on expanding in the near future. While I'm excited about that, I hope it doesn't ruin the small family mountain feel.

1  Thank Maryanne191
"new england"
"family ski"
"bunny slope"

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Pat's Peak is a fine place for families, under 2 hours from Boston. It's not a large area but has varied terrain and is challenging enough for most folks. I'm an advanced skier and while it's not Sugarloaf it's also much closer and the kids love the homemade cookies they sell in the lodge, which atypical of most things at any ski area, are actually a pretty good deal. How can you go wrong?

2  Thank Genetically_modified
Reviewed April 8, 2013

With my ski's put away for the season, I can now make my comments (hopefully useful) about the mountains we visited this winter. First and foremost our favorite, Pats Peak. It's not a huge mountain, but has all the terrain to keep my kids, husband and me entertained. The atmosphere is so inviting and friendly. The prices are less than bigger mountains. My kids have a blast in their "Bears Club" kids program. There is always someone cleaning tables and bathrooms and their lift lines are never crazy. We have been coming here for years and can't wait for next season.

I read a comment on here from someone who said "they will ingore you if injured". I tore my ACL a few years ago at Pats. I have had my kids fall and visit Patrol. My nephew from Florida was tubing last year and had an accident. It happens. We don't live in a bubble. I have to say that I have never felt like anyone at Pats Peak ignored me or any of my family when we needed them for an accident. The Patrollers were amazing. They even sent us a post card a few weeks after. I would be curious what the other side of the story is for that one.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The place where legions of NH schoolchildren (and a fair few adults) have learned to ski, Pats Peak is a friendly, low key, family friendly ski resort. Be sure to pick up a giant chocolate chip cookie for the ride home.

1  Thank genacm