All reviews new owners gas fireplace colby hill my husband and i cookies farm to table new hampshire goat carriage house scallops cranberry juice last month look forward delicious food perfect place chef bruce from manchester
Reviewed November 13, 2017

We found the inn on Travel Zoo and we were glad we went. If you love the charm of a well kept extremely clean 200 year old country inn, then you will love it here.
It is almost a step back in time with the wide pine floors, antique furniture and great inn keepers who made you feel at home.
My room was up stairs. I don't think there is an elevator so I don't know about wheel chair access but one room was on the ground floor. Call and ask.
It room was plenty large with a gas fireplace. I loved the bed linen and the mattress was very comfortable. The bathroom was bright with only a shower, which didn't matter to us. Nice towels and toiletries. The room was bright during the day and had enough lighting for night. We had a nice view of the yard from the window. There was a plate of cookies in the room to greet us.
We traveled with another couple who loved their wood fireplace. Their room was lovely too. We walked through the back yard, barn, visited the goats who are adorable.
Dinner was excellent--fine dining and it was part of our package. We had steak and scallops and great dessert. We truly enjoyed every bite. Great service too.
Breakfast was buffet and the server took our egg or French toast orders. Great food.
No televisions in the room but we had a better time without it enjoying good conversation. There was a television in one of the parlors along with games, books, and guests to enjoy.
Would I return?? OH YES!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is gourmet food at its best. Delicious food made from local farms. The food is always fresh and top notch. This being said, the meal can be expensive but in my experience, you get what you pay for in life.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
henniker_NHInnkeep, Owner at Colby Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

I live in the area and have been to the Colby hill Inn half a dozen times since it opened under new owners/management. While the food has always been good and inspiring, I have not always been impressed with the service and was frustrated by the long periods of waiting while dining there.
Went there last month and was completely and utterly impressed! Colby Hill In has stepped up in every way and our waitress , Sue, was very attentive and efficient in every way. The food was certainly the best food that we have had in then concord area in years!
CHI offers farm to table and there is something for everyone andall dishes are prepared with a twist away from the ordinary.
Do not pass this one up, it is extraordinary.
We will be back again and again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
henniker_NHInnkeep, Owner at Colby Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Thank you so much for the kind review! Yes, we are extremely happy with our current team of servers: Sue, Kelly and Caitlin (and often myself). The full team is now taking orders directly at tables with their ipads so that the kitchen receives the order as the server is walking away from your table. We very much care about local residents coming here regularly, so please feel free to bring address anything with me - we want this to be a place you love coming to! - Kindly, Jeff

Reviewed October 24, 2017

I went to the Argentinian wine dinner this past Friday night and was blown away by the wine, food and service.

The night started out with a scallop ceviche that was so fresh and filled with flavor. The presentation was beautiful with the plantain chips. I also had Pumpkin Gnocchi that was out of this world- I loved the maple syrup/cider reduction that was on it. Third and fourth courses were Lamb Empanadas and Carne Asada. Dessert was amazing, my favorite was the mini spiced chocolate pot de crème.

What really stood out to me about this dinner was that the actual owner/wine maker was there from Argentina and he spoke about his family and the vineyard. It was really neat to be drinking the wine and hearing the story of how it came to be. Another thing I really enjoyed was that Chef Bruce Barnes came out with every course to talk about the food and its relevance to the culture in Argentina.

I would highly check out one of these wine dinners that are hosted once a month. I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
henniker_NHInnkeep, Owner at Colby Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

We hope you'll come back EVERY month for the wine dinners!

Reviewed October 16, 2017

We were running late, arriving at 8:00 pm, but the owners were as gracious as could possibly be. They were accommodating and waited for our arrival without complaint, and created us warmly. We had freshly baked cookies and a bottle of cold water waiting in the room. Both the room and bathroom were spacious and open, and the beds were comfortable. We slept with the windows open and there enjoyed the peaceful quiet of the country environment in which this jewel was located. Breakfast was absolutely delightful, with the primary concern of having to stop eating--the portions were generous and the food was absolutely scrumptious. The food is all organic and local. Take the opportunity to enjoy the grounds, including the quiet back yard with the opportunity to feed the goats. While dining, each table has a laminated bird identification guide and floor-to-ceding windows to enjoy the birds at the feeder. We, unfortunately, stayed for only one night on our way to depart from Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, and were glad we did. A wonderful place that we are sure to return to when we are in the area. They paid attention to every detail and have made it as comfortable as possible to let you feel like you are at home. The barn has been renovated to host social events with a bar and dance area. The settings of a wedding that had recently occurred were still visible--what a great place for an event!?

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple