“Like a home away from home <3”

Gibson House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Haverhill B&B and Inns
Livermore, California
“Like a home away from home <3”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I absolutely adore this Bed and Breakfast. Warm hospitality, lovely accommodations (including adorably themed rooms and restrooms), and completely relaxed atmosphere. The yard is lovely and you can get a great view from the surrounding windows. I stayed in the Taj, which had a very lovely glass moon which let the light in for a cute and funky atmospheric effect. The breakfast was spectacular and the caretakers are wonderful people. After my stay I felt completely recharged and relaxed. Thanks, Gibson House!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hartford
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We've stayed at the Gibson House several times. Most all my family are here, so we've spent a lot of time in this area. We've stayed in other hotels and inns, that left us wanting. There are the places we'd really rather not even shower at, and there are the places that are not as nice, that cost a small fortune! The Gibson house is well maintained, has spacious rooms, is centrally located, is a real treat for the eyes, with it's eclectic decor, and is a real value for the money! We will definitely stay there again, and will always recommend them to our traveling friends!

Room Tip: All the rooms are themed, and all of them lovely, but my favorite is Bamboo! PS. There is no fitness...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Falls Church
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I don't understand how this B&B has 4.5 stars. I've stayed at several B&Bs including ones in New England and have always paid less (usually a lot less) for a better experience.

Pros: the owner is nice, the breakfast was good, and there's a nice view from the back.

Cons: the rooms and house are not well maintained or decorated. Even from the outside, the houses nearby all seem better maintained. The furniture in the rooms seem more flea market than charming/old. Doors don't all close properly, there's flaking paint in places, and there are few if any amenities. The twin beds had no support and reminded me of what you might find in a dorm room.

It would be a perfectly acceptable place to sleep the night on your travels if it was priced more like $100 instead of $175. There's a B&B I've stayed at not far from here in Jeffersonville, VT that is $95/night for a significantly better experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler_083480
Guilford, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I just returned from my second 4 night's stay at the Gibson House.
While the weather was warm, the hospitality of the owners Susie and Marty was even warmer!
Their charming old inn is a perfect place for a relaxing vacation, or for one of their workshop offerings.
The thematically unique rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. The views are beautiful, and the food is fabulous. Susie makes breakfast a memorable experience!
The workshop I took, taught by artist Katharine Cartwright, was truly remarkable. The class in 'concept development' was enlightening, inspiring, and every bit as good as Susie's stuffed French Toast - and that's saying something!
Looking forward to yet another return trip!

Room Tip: If available, choose a room in the back of the house where there are wide porches overlooking the be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New Iberia, Louisiana
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Spent last night at the Gibson House B&B. This is a charming old B&B built as a tavern in 1850. Suzy, the proprietor/hostess, immediately made us feel welcome and at home. We had our choice of rooms from those available for the night and had fun viewing all the rooms. There is a variety of rooms decorated with character and charm, all with private baths. My husband and I had a room with king-size bed and enormous private bathroom, while the second couple in our party chose a room with beautiful antique double bed and a charming bath with footed tub/shower. We all had a good night's sleep and enjoyed the great breakfast that Suzy custom prepared to everyone's particular tastes. My husband was riding a bicycle over the White Mountains, and Suzy made sure that he had his breakfast oatmeal fixed to his specifications and loaded with all the extra calories he needed. We got lots of good advice on what to see and do in the immediate area and excellent advice on where to go for dinner. Overall, a wonderful B&B --all the extras touches were there that can make staying in a B&B so much more fun than a hotel &/or motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Great quiet location to stage for clients in the area. Inn keepers reside on property for entire active season to drive excellent property management. Rooms are lovely, well restored and exactly as expected for this kind of a property, where the property and setting is the jewel. Enjoyed my stay immensely.

• Stayed August 2012
Guttenberg
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at Gibson House with my daughter for a weekend before dropping her off at camp. The B&B has beautifully detailed rooms, each with its own theme. There is a quiet garden in the back with a lovely vista of the mountains. And one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in-I had a really good nights sleep-which is saying a lot- I usually don't sleep well away from home. Marty and Susan are warm and gracious hosts. The food was delicious- Susan gave me her recipe for baked French Toast. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
The Lyme Inn
The Sunny Grange B&B
The Sunny Grange B&B
#1 of 4 in Campton
Maplecroft Bed And Breakfast

Been to Gibson House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!