We stayed two nights at the Hanover Inn for a wedding that was taking place there on a Saturday in August. The Inn is situated in a perfect spot, just across from the Dartmouth College campus--which is beautiful and picturesque--and right on the edge of the town of Hanover, where there are plenty of local shops, restaurants, etc.
When we arrived at the Inn, we were a bit put out to find that valet parking is required; personally we would have preferred to park our own car. Furthermore, if you are using hotel parking, there is a $20 per night fee, which seemed rather excessive given the already-expensive costs we were paying to stay in the hotel itself. Otherwise, the checkin process (at about 5:30 p.m. on a Friday evening) went quickly and smoothly.
Our 4th floor room (410) had a lovely view of the Dartmouth campus. It was spacious, with pub-style seating running across one wall and a table in the corner (no desk or vanity). The bathroom was also very attractive, with a large, tiled walk-in shower. On the other hand, the bath definitely lacked in counter space, even for just two people (quite a bit of space was taken up by a large stand mirror which we did not need). Furthermore, the bathroom lighting was EXTREMELY poor--there was no way I could see properly to apply makeup in that environment. I will say that the complementary products were quite nice, particularly the hair conditioner and moisturizer.
We did not eat at the restaurant, Pine, although we visited the Pine bar on Friday night. Our experience with the bartenders there was pretty awful. First, my husband wanted a pina colada, but one bartender didn't know if they "had all the ingredients" for that. Second, I tried to order a Malibu and pineapple, but one of the bartenders had no idea what Malibu was--the other had to explain that it was a type of rum! We finally settled on having Baccardi and pineapple, but they had no pineapple juice at the bar, so they had to go fetch some specially from the kitchen. All of this, and the bar menu specifically states that the staff is happy to go out of their way to make whatever type of drink you might desire!
So, overall we had a nice stay, but there are some things about this hotel that could definitely use a bit of work, especially with the high cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1780, the Hanover Inn Dartmouth offers 108 distinctive guest rooms with all the modern conveniences of a world-class hotel. Located in the “Heart of Hanover” and the only hotel on the Dartmouth College campus, the Hanover Inn enjoys a unique opportunity to serve our guests. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, you’ll find the accommodations at the Hanover Inn are ideal for comfort and convenience, with luxurious furnishings and contemporary amenities. Enjoy a variety of dining options along with state of the art technology in our conference and meeting center, exquisite wedding and event locations, complimentary wireless internet and Ethernet accessibility along with an extensive health club facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hanover Inn Dartmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanover Inn At Dartmouth College Hotel Hanover
- At Darmouth College Hanover
- Hanover Hotel At Darmouth College