“Everything you want a B&B to be!”

Trumbull House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hanover B&B and Inns
Boston area
“Everything you want a B&B to be!”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

My husband and I made reservations at the Trumbull House simply because of its proximity to a concert we wanted to attend at the Lebanon Opera House, but I would put it at the top of my list of great B&B experiences. Hilary was welcoming and accommodating and let us make ourselves at home. The house and grounds were beautiful, even on a rainy March weekend. Our room (Terra Cotta) was tasteful, clean and bright. The sheets and bed were remarkably comfortable. Breakfast included fresh scones and berries and we were given our choice of about ten breakfast entrees from a menu, all gourmet including ingredients like brie cheese, fresh basil, and smoked salmon. The couple with whom we ate breakfast were regulars who come up from the Boston area for weekend getaways. I will definitely be looking for more excuses to return to the Hanover area so I can take advantage of this lovely inn!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed October 16, 2009

For many years, I spent Thanksgiving with family at The Trumbull House. My husband and I always stayed in the Yellow Room on the top floor. By far my favorite part of this room is the sleeping alcove. I have always said that I like sleeping in a cave, and this is perfect. It's warm and cozy in there - some of the soundest sleep I can recall (I tend to wake up easily). The room is always quiet, and it feels so private being up on the top floor. The innkeeper, Hilary, cooks a wonderful breakfast to order every morning. The common room feels like a real living room, with a fireplace, a comfy couch, and large comfy chairs. I'd love to have a good excuse to visit The Trumbull House again. I live in North Carolina now, but surely there's SOME excuse to go back.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Just a little bit out of town, but worth the short drive.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed September 6, 2009

I stayed at Trumbull House for one night in August, 2009. My reservation was scheduled extremely last-minute, but the owners were completely welcoming and organized upon my arrival.

I stayed in the "White Room," which was very large and comfortable. It had a pretty four poster bed (see photo) and a good sized bathroom. Lots of windows. The bed was very comfortable.

The breakfast was good! Fresh baked muffins and eggs any way I wanted. The house has a nice common area/living room that I didn't take advantage of, but seemed lovely.

They have a business center computer with internet that was reliable and good speed. This was quite nice, as I was traveling on business and didn't have to use my blackberry.

All in all, a great B&B. About 10 minutes from Hanover, it would be a good alternative for Dartmouth visitors.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
NH
Reviewed April 20, 2009

A fabulous breakfast, great conversation, and gorgeous rooms. True New England hospitality.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Hilary is a terrific innkeeper and runs a great business that in no way feels like a business for her guests. The house is charming, and there were several highlights packed into my one night stay. She recommended a great trail for a short hike once I got there that led from the property to the Appalachian trail. And also sent me to a restaurant in town where I had dinner that surpassed all expectations for a discerning NYC diner. I also left my tie there accidentally and Hilary not only contacted me about it, but happily sent it to me in the mail first thing. And I am still craving the cozy fire at night and the delicious muffins at breakfast with warm jam inside. Just a great stay overall that relaxed me for an interview the next day. Hope to get back up there soon.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Cayman Islands
Reviewed March 10, 2009

We stayed here as part of a 2 week holiday in New England. The house is lovely and the grounds beautiful - we wandered around the gardens and even tried to shoot a few hoops on the basketball court out the back. There are 2 extremely friendly cats who hung out with us at the basketball court and a cute dog as well. The room was very nice and clean and breakfasts were delicious. The B&B is a little way out of the actual town of Hanover, but I quite liked the countryside setting and it was only a 5 minute drive into the town. The town of Hanover is very pretty and though small, it has a good mix of shops, cafes and restaurants and is quite lively. There is a great pub in the town (Murphy's) which does good food. The owner of the B&B is very friendly and the place has a nice relaxed atmosphere - we felt very at home and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Hanover Inn Dartmouth
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon

Been to Trumbull House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!