“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Canoe Club

Canoe Club
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Hampshire
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

Not only was the food absolutely terrific, the staff was wonderful, too. If you only have one meal in Hanover, make sure you check this place out. The ingredients were fresh, the meals were hot, and the food was very nicely done. The staff were all very nice, and pleasant. We had a wonderful, relaxing evening there. They have a great wine list!

Vermont
“Canoe Club—A Mix”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

Overall, fairly average. Good accommodations, fun atmosphere, and well-known amongst the Dartmouth community. The service is adequate. The food average really. Good wine list. But generally, this is a pretty so-so place. It's a shame with the money in Hanover and the Upper Valley and Dartmouth that there are no really top restaurants in the city.Murphy's is not much better. John Chapin, the owner, a nice fellow, knows everyone and local folks flock here, mostly because of the entertainment. But frankly as a very experienced diner, I just don't like live music right next to me when I want a nice peaceful conversation. It's mostly local talent, not worth the stop. At best, average.

Peterborough, New Hampshire
“Fresh, local, creative and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2010

We ate at lunch at the Canoe Club today. I had the wild mushroom soup which was delightful, rich and creamy. Linda started with the tomato basil soup. The tomato flavor was intense and the soup had a pleasant texture as it was nor over pureed.
I follwed up with the cassoulet. This was not the heavy cassoulet to which I am acustomed, but a lighter dish. It was made with tiny rice beans and two kinds of wonderful homemade sausage, served over a bed of spinach. The broth was rich and tasty.
The prices were reasonable for the exceptional quality of the food.
The server was pleasant and was able to answer my many questions. I'd definitely go back next time we are in Hanover.

Mississippi
“Great food for everyone in your dinner party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

Any time you walk into a crowded restaurant you assume, "this must be good". The Canoe Club delivers! (I am a vegetarian and had no trouble getting an excellent meal.) The portions were big enough for us split. The wait staff was so friendly and attentive and the wine selection was quite good. We were in town to visit Dartmouth and lucked into 3 freshmen sitting next us who gave us lots of good information about the school. The value for our meal was super and we will go back again and again.

hanover, nh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DO NOT GO HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

They cancelled my father's 60th birthday dinner 15 minutes before our reservation. Enough said. They were rude and arrogent. I will never give this place a penny. I hope they go bankrupt.

1 Thank hanovergirl

Been to Canoe Club? Share your experiences!