“Nice atmosphere, Great food”
Review of Canoe Club

Canoe Club
Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Very enjoyable dinner. Very attentive service. Dessert was amazing.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I came here after work. It was crowded, and I had to sit at the bar. Despite that, the service was prompt. Admittedly, I was hungry, but the seafood plate was absolutely superb. I've been here once before, 6 years ago, and the experience then was also excellent. I figure they've got their act together. I'd be surprised if you were disappointed. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 8, 2011

We went for our anniversary dinner and have been there many times before. I wanted something with local produce and ordered a dish with fiddleheads that was wonderful. Our service was just okay, the waitress was kurt, seemed to have more important things to do than to provide us with a smile or friendly service. But, again, the food is excellent. The window seats are the best, great light, and fun people watching in busy downtown Hanover.

Reviewed February 18, 2011

While visiting Dartmouth the coach recommended this charming restaurant one block from campus. I was dining alone and had a fabulous late lunch of a grilled sandwich, great salad with goat cheese and well priced wine. Cute welcoming environment, friendly waiter and the owner wandered by and shared iPhone app tips with me. I felt welcome and not so far from home. Great family atmosphere. Next door to a great little bookstore too.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

Our most recent experience at the Canoe Club was very disappointing. My husband and I decided to take an out of town relative out for a bite to eat. Having been to the Canoe Club before, we were excited about sharing this dining experience with our family member. We were greeted politely and seated quickly and handed menus. The problem was that nothing happened after that! No water was poured, no employee came over to take our orders. My husband finally got up and asked one of the two employees that were in the dinning room setting tables if we could get some service. This was after fifteen minutes. We got up and left - not something we've done in a long time! We took our guest a few doors down to Murphy's and received quick service and a delicious meal! Wake up Canoe Club!!!