“needs to kick up the heat”
Review of Jewel of India

Jewel of India
Ranked #20 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Hanover, NH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“needs to kick up the heat”
Reviewed January 19, 2008

Service was mediocre. We ordered the Chicken Vindallo and the Jewel of India, which is a combination plate that includes chicken tandoori, naan, rice, curry, green salad, daal, and some other stuff. They did not bring everything, and we had to ask for the rest of our meal (when they asked if we were finished!). Also, the food was bland. We requested our dishes (curry and vindaloo) to be spicy, but they were not even mild. No heat at all. Although the food tasted good, I was disappointed. I except my Indian food to have some heat.

1 Thank foodie10029

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“dont like indian food”
Reviewed December 11, 2007

dont like indian food

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Vermont
“Indian food at its best(very authentic)”
Reviewed August 20, 2006

Nice outdoor seating area. Small inside but the food was worth it. The aroma of the food draws you in from outside. We plan to go back soon.

3 Thank TruePalateer
West Palm Beach, Florida
“My Wife Liked it Better (She Has Better Taste)”
Reviewed October 9, 2005

For sure you should not go for the ambiance. The place is converted from something else with tables set all through the room. Ours was next to the carry-out door. I almost had to scoot my chair in everytime someone left by this exit. The tables were glass covered and had Indian prints under the glass. There you go - a little atmosphere.

I had chicken vindaloo and when I eat this dish, I expect to emit sweat from all directions. This was way too mild, and I did not think it possible to make vindaloo properly without the heat. I thought it sweet. My wife had curry chicken and asked for it to be VERY spicy. I tasted it, it was and I wished I had ordered hers.

The place was packed and people waiting to get in when we left, so perhaps I was the lone ranger with my unimpressed palate. Therefore I shall swallow my doubts instead and suggest you try this place out. I bet it is pretty good.

1 Thank JAMES O