“Pretty Good”

Murphy's On The Green
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Murphy's on the Green - Exceptional Food in Hanover, New Hampshire *** Murphy's is very LOCAL. We purchase almost all of our meat, produce, dairy and bread products from our many high quality Upper Valley Farms and purveyors and we appeal to the new 'locavore' movement... eating and purchasing food within 100 miles of your location. Our 'day boat' seafood comes 'hand picked' from the docks of Boston. We are proud members of the Vermont Food Network.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I decided to take my Mom to a nice place for a lunch as a thank you gift. I had heard great things about Murphy's and decided to go there.
Our Server was very good and attentive. Their wine list wasn't bad and we shared a glass. I loved the atmosphere on first impression. I ordered a pulled pork BBQ sandwich that sounded creative and great. It was a great idea for a sandwich, but it ended up being poorly executed. It was on an english muffin sort of thing, but it was way to small to hold all the fillings. The pork ended up being dry little chunks. It had an over easy egg on top which was a great idea- but very very messy! Thank goodness I wasn't on a date. The dipping sauce and cabbage salad were the best parts. I think it was a great idea for a sandwich, but then some prep cook messed it up along the line. The polenta fries it came with were amazing though!
My mom's fish and chips were good, but she said the coleslaw it came with was nearly inedible! It looked really dry, like it was old or had been left out.
For the price I was expecting a little better- but it was pretty good over all. But not good enough to go back in a hurry.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

With great drink specials for happy hour and evenings after 9 pm, Murphy's is the local watering hole for Dartmouth College grad students. The food is also quite good, highlights being the Murph burger, the chicken cobb burger, and the lobster salad sandwich, when it's available.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were just visiting the area and looking tor a nice restaurant and happened upon this place. We were seated quickly, the service was excellent, the food was wonderful. The menu prices were reasonable and the atmosphere was pleasant.

1  Thank MCPerillo
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Have been eating here for years and it finally occurred to me to write a review. The menu used to be solid pub food and then for a while it stretched too far trying to be something it was not. Happily the emphasis is back on the burgers, chile and chowder. If you stick with the basics you will be very happy. For example the lobster and crab meat ravioli we just tried was disappointing.... Not sure where the seafood was but not anyplace we could taste it. But the Murphs burger was flawless. Good beer selection and service is always friendly.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

There was more variety to the menu than I expected from the usual bar/grill. Very nice atmosphere and much quieter than another bar/restaurant in town that caters more to students. I was there twice, both for business or to meet someone, circumstances that makes me pay less attention to the food. That said, the food was very good and served well. I would certainly go back, if I had the chance.