“My favorite dinner place in Hanover”

Murphy's On The Green
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Murphy's on the Green - Exceptional Food in Hanover, New Hampshire *** Murphy's is very LOCAL. We purchase almost all of our meat, produce, dairy and bread products from our many high quality Upper Valley Farms and purveyors and we appeal to the new 'locavore' movement... eating and purchasing food within 100 miles of your location. Our 'day boat' seafood comes 'hand picked' from the docks of Boston. We are proud members of the Vermont Food Network.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Every time we think of a place to have a nice dinner in Hanover we end up choosing Murphy's. The atmosphere is great for a sit down meal and the menu is varied enough to have choices just about everyone will enjoy at a reasonable price point. The service has always been above par and makes for an enjoyable evening. It is suitable for business, family or even couple type dinners and we have enjoyed all spectrums. They also offer a nice wine selection.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm a local, and I've been to Murphy's a number of times over the years. It's undergone a lot of changes. My latest visit last week left me satisfied with the quality of the food but quite disappointed with the price. My friend spent $18 for some fish and chips! That's chips as in French fries--much too expensive. I will say the food is fresh, but please watch your wallet when you dine here.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Murphy's on the Green combines outstanding food, a distinguished decor and the casual, convivial atmosphere of a pub, which makes for an ideal night out in Hanover, NH. The food is excellent with a fabulous presentation and perfect portion sizes.

On a recent Friday evening I had dinner with a group of Dartmouth alums at Murphy's. The bar scene was lively and fun and the group I was with had a great time. The wait staff did a fairly nice job serving us, though seemed a little put out by the unhurried manner of our group during a particularly busy time.

We were attended to quickly and our drink orders were filled not long after the order was taken. The atmosphere in the restaurant was warm and friendly and Nigel, the owner, came over to meet us and chat. He was friendly and attentive and promised us great food; and Murphy's delivered! We were all impressed with the presentation of our dinners and everyone thought the food was excellent.

Drinks were replenished without request and we felt comfortable to move around and talk with each other, as well as to mingle with friends at the bar. The salads were fresh with just the right amount of dressing. The special of the evening was swordfish and it was served with creamy mashed potatoes, and broccolini. The fish was grilled perfectly and had a hint of pepper which complemented the dish perfectly. Friends ordered the grilled and Moroccan Canadian salmon which I was told was "amazing" and others ordered the enchiladas which looked fabulous. Everyone commented that the food was outstanding.

Another night I visited I had the steak which was cooked to order and had a pink center exactly as requested. The steak came with sweet potato fries which were pleasing. The side salad was small, but fresh and delicious.

The wine and beer selection is excellent and Murphy's is a great place to eat as well as to just have a drink with friends. If you want excellent food, in a traditional New England setting with a casual atmosphere, Murphy's has it all. A place to visit again and again.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great food, don't be in a hurry, but worth the wait .had lunch and dinner here. Friendly as can be staff, nice ambience. Clean, very good value

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great food, right portions and balance.

As a consultant, I travel frequently, often dining out 2 to 3 nights a week. What a find Murphy’s has been. First the food: great taste above all – the chef has made me a fan of lamb and cauliflower (the soup and the side dish that accompanies the salmon dish). Unlike many restaurants, the portions are correct and the protein/ veggies ratio is healthy. Although I’m from Boston, the cod dishes here are the best. Great little wine list to boot!

Equal to the food is the staff. They are friendly, knowledgeable and attentive; especially Dennis and Sarah.