“Basically, you go for the bread....”

Molly's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Basically, you go for the bread....”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

And everything else is just additional :) Food is good but the salads do change which is sad given something like "Hearts of Palm" salad would leave the menu--it's not SEASONAL given hearts of palm aren't native to NH, so why take it off the menu? Margherita pizza is AMAZING. Service is generally good. Call ahead to get on the wait list :)

• Visited September 2013
Anthony B, Manager at Molly's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thanks for the positive review, JBuginNH. I'm sorry that we took off the Hearts of Palm. We were sad to see it go. We regularly review our menu and make changes according to the season, sales mix, guest comments and availability/quality of ingredients. Unfortunately, we cut this salad because of low sales. We were all excited about it when we put it on the menu and there are a few other guests that have noticed its removal. Maybe, we'll give it another chance on our next menu. For now, I can talk the chef into running it as a special periodically. Shoot me an email and let me know when you will next visit. We'll order the ingredients and offer it that day for you. tony@blueskyrestaurants.com - We appreciate the review and your business!

jackson, MI
“weird smell”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've been to Molly's two times and both times there was a weird smell by the bar. Almost like the way a bottle return room smells. Service was good though, and so was the food. I like the location of the restaurant- it's near shops and the theater. I'd go back, but I'd try and sit somewhere other than the bar in hopes of avoiding the smell.

• Visited October 2013
Anthony B, Manager at Molly's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Hi Gingerale2011,

I'm glad that you enjoyed the service and the food at Molly's, but I am so sorry that there was an unpleasant odor when you dined with us. We inspect all of our service areas each shift to examine product quality, consistency, safety, and temperatures. We will pay specific attention to any unpleasant odors moving forward. Since smell and taste work so closely together when enjoying food, this is a top priority. Fortunately, at this moment, the only smell around the bar is of freshly grilled burgers and $2 margaritas. Thanks so much for your specific feedback and for your patronage. We don't take it for granted and I'm sure that you will enjoy yourself regardless of where you sit next time you visit because our team will act on your feedback. Thanks for sharing.
Redondo Beach, Calif.
“It's bar food, folks”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We waited for over an hour to get a table on a Friday evening after reading lots of great reviews for Molly's on Trip Advisor and Yelp. By the way, we had been told the wait was 40 minutes but it was nearly double that. Molly's has an extensive menu that might appeal to some but IMHO it's overrated. My son tried one of their pizza's (a special that was supposed to include pulled pork and other toppings). We found the pork to be little more than small crumbles (I had to ask him to point it out to me-- I couldn't even see it). He ate only half (of a personal pizza) and left disappointed. I ordered the fish tacos - they had rave reviews and I love the ones you can get in So Calif. The tacos at Molly's came with heavily-coated fried fish, limp shredded lettuce and a pink tarter sauce [vs. lightly-battered fried fish, shredded cabbage and tangy sauce ). Partly my fault for not ordering them with grilled fish -- maybe that would have been a little better. Not all was lost, however, I did enjoy my beer (Switchback) which was suggested by the bartender. But all in all, I found the food to be essentially pub food.

• Visited October 2013
Anthony B, Manager at Molly's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hi LaSerana,
Thanks for taking the time to comment about your recent experience at Molly's. I am so sorry that we were off on the quote and that the food wasn't great. Our pizzas are supposed to be thin and crispy, but should not be light on toppings. I'm sorry that your son did not get to taste one that was properly made. Your comments about the tacos have been shared with the chef. So many people love the tacos as we serve them now, but that doesn't mean that they can't be better. Your suggestions certainly sound appetizing, so we are going to do some experimenting and taste testing. Maybe on your next visit, you'll see something more similar to SoCal. Again, sorry that we fell short, but we appreciate the candid, specific, and constructive criticism that you offered. I hope that you will visit again.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food drink and location!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

While visiting the Hanover, NH area, a friend of mine suggested that we go to Molly’s for lunch. We arrived there around 12:30 and the place was packed. For food, I had the French onion soup and a bacon cheeseburger which were both excellent and opted for the Angry Orchard hard cider on tap which was very good. If you do enjoy local brews & Molly’s specialties, make sure to check the board for their current offerings. This is definitely some place I will be coming to visit again.

North Carolina
“Nice variety. Friendly service.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I visited Molly's while visiting the area in late October. As others have mentioned, the menu offers a number of options including healthy choices. I opted for carryout and was pleased with me entree and the friendly, efficient service.