“A Not-to-Miss Restaurant in Hanover”
Review of Pine

Pine
Reserve with OpenTable
Pine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in scenic Hanover NH, across from the Dartmouth Green, PINE is an American restaurant incorporating a farm-to-table philosophy, utilizing the bounty of ingredients available in and around New England. Created by acclaimed Chef-Restaurateur Michael Schlow, PINE features approachable, well-executed dishes that focus on local and sustainable New England products. The kitchen is run under the watchful eye of talented chef, Justin Dain.
California
“A Not-to-Miss Restaurant in Hanover”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I am often suspect of hotel restaurants, so I was a bit wary before dining at Pine, which is located in the lobby of the Hanover Inn.

Any biases I quickly left behind, once I had our first (of many!) dinners at the restaurant.

The quality of ingredients is high, with many sourced locally. The menu, which changes frequently, offers options likely to suit any diner. Our son had the filet mignon and declared it the "best dinner" he had ever had!

The restaurant, renovated with the last few years, is charming and warm. Each time we were in there the place was full, with a good feeling of fun and vitality.

To my knowledge, there is not better restaurant in Hanover.

• Visited August 2014

Winnetka, IL
“Superb”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The rustic played against elegant, sophisticated in the best way design is worth a visit just by itself. The food is equally outstanding. Recommend the tomato-fennel soup, in particular

New England
“GO. NOW. Amazing Food, Flawless Service, Best Cocktails GREAT VIBE!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Pine after strolling downtown and viewing the menus of the restaurants along Main St. While Canoe Club restaurant tempted us, we ultimately chose Pine. Besides, we were staying overnight in the Hanover Inn, so why not? The ambience is romantic and yet fun. A great mix of people -- from hipsters to seniors. You definitely need a reservation.
We shared an app of fresh gnocchi with fresh oeas, bacon, shsllots and pecorino cheese. To die for. The fresh bread and salted butter were offered and delivered promptly. Our cocktails...my husband is very fussy about his Manhattan, and was delighted with the one he got. I ordered the Smoke and Flowers cocktail, which csme rimmed with smoked salt. Heavenly. Is there any way i can get the recipe??
For our meals, we both ordered the bistro steak which was accompanied by jalapeño relish, yummy seasoned fries, and a Demi local baby greens salad...all beautifully presented. We ordered another round of drinks, and regretfully had to skip dessert because we were full. The communication among the hostess station and the service staff is spot-on. I had mentioned that we had a 7 pm appointment to the reservationist and when presenting the dessert menu, our server said " i understand you need to make a 7 pm appointment... But take a look and perhaps come by afterwards." We did, in fact, go back for a night cap at 10:30,,, the place was hopping! Put Pine on the top of your MUST GO THERE list....if it weren't a 2 hr drive from our home, we would be there often! Please....can i have that drink recipe??
Pine does intimate and cozy tables a deux, as well as long tables of friends with equal aplomb. Go. Now.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Ladies' at Lunch”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Lunch at the Pine was a perfect end to a very exciting and busy morning, Huge, fresh salads, crisp, warm rolls, soups and sandwiches and fabulous wait service. This is a wonderful restaurant with a full service bar. A must try.

illinois
“Outstanding”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My family and I dined here while visiting my son at Dartmouth. Great service, atmosphere and food. Try the scallops - delicious!

• Visited August 2014