“Could be named 3 Guys & Girls BBQ...”
Review of 3 Guys Basement BBQ - CLOSED

3 Guys Basement BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Memphis-style BBQ and Comfort Food Restaurant in Hanover, NH
Reviewed August 31, 2013

After eating at Murphy's around the corner food and learning that they owner opened up 3 Guys Basement BBQ, we had to go back the next day and give it a try - wow, what awesome food and service in a very cool environment! And yes, we saw the owner Nigel there at 3 Guys, just like at Murphy's doing what he does so well - create a great a great dining experience with happy employees.

The menu looked so good we had to try a few different items as we made our way from Texas to New Hampshire, Vermont and then on to NY.

We started with the Crispy Fried Pickles (the best tasting pickles I've had), the "Poutine" hand-cut fries and some of the Tiny A_ _ Corn Bread Muffins - YUM! But wait, there's more. The Mac-N-Cheese which I typically do not eat (ever) but our waitress totally said we had to try was a real treat and nothing like I expected - I am now a believer in gourmet mac-n-cheese and made in the basement, no less.

For dinner we tried the Ribs and pulled Pulled Pork Shoulder along with the Burnt Ends. They were all very flavorful but the Burnt Ends were to die for...I couldn't get enough of them but had to stop - to make room for dessert (well, not really any room for dessert but we had to split one of those Big A_ _ Red Velvet Cupcakes that I noticed on the menu) - bad idea since I was so full already, but darn, it was just the right finish to another evening of great food and fun, following the Murphy's dinner the night prior.

We had to leave for NY the next day wondering if we could ever top those meals - and while I had some great NY pizza, bagels, and other local favorites, it was Murphy's and 3 Guys that stuck in our minds...and we will be back.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

When we first sat down, we asked the waitress for suggestions. She told us great everything was. We tried the wings for an appetizer. They were pretty good, the best part of the meal. We had pulled pork, brisket, the brisket ends and pulled chicken. For smoked meats, it lacked flavor. Really enjoyed the habanero sauce.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Really the best restaurant we ate in the whole time. Unpretentious and interesting. Not expensive. The food was so good I had to get the recipes especially the Grit sticks. As a foodie this was a find.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Being from the South, I know barbeque. Wasn't sure what to expect as I entered the basement. First impressions - Very cool, unique place. The service was excellent. Now for the important stuff: The Food. We started with fried pickles...Hands down, The best fried pickles I've ever eaten. We also had Burnt Ends and pulled pork- fabulous, amazing flavor, and very moist. For sides, we had the mac 'n cheese and dirty rice. I didn't know all these southern basics could be improved, but they were...with a twist! Gourmet barbeque. I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great barbecue and fast service. Get there early for the 'burnt ends'. It isn't the place to go for 'heart healthy' options!