“Fell apart. And, they are indifferent about it.”
Review of Market Table

Market Table
Ranked #16 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner every day and Sunday Brunch
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Fell apart. And, they are indifferent about it.”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Tried Market Table when they opened last year. Seemed ok. But after a year...things seem to have fallen apart. Agree with all others: too noisy. But it's the food that feels the worst for wear. Went for dinner this week and found the menu uninspiring--especially for the price$$$. I wish that there was something that enticed me, had a hard time deciding because everything felt so pedestrian. Service very poor and negligent. I was a single diner and I might as well have been a ghost. Other server chatting endlessly with college friends at table near me and getting them free drinks. The cold air rushed into me--seated by front door. Lighting so dark that I could barely read the menu, when I asked for a bit more light overhead--denied by someone in management. Finally got the chicken breast, which should have been fabulous but it was just a chicken breast with mashed potatoes and spinach. Market table needs to step it up or lower prices. Get excited again! Make us want your food. Rushed to eat so I could get out of the cold draft wafting at me with every customer coming in. I suggest you try elsewhere in Hanover for dinner.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank historia34

Grantham, NH
“Upscale Taste Treat”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

From appetizers through dessert you'll experience a more upscale treatment to most dishes. Service is very good and knowledgable about the menu choices. A bit on the pricey side but by no means exorbidant. Definitely worth more than one visit.

• Visited October 2012
“The food may be good, but the noise ruins the experience.”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Three lunches and one dinner later, I give up. When I can't hear my lunch companion across our small table, when the din forces me to rush through my meal so I can escape, when I pity the staff who has to work in this clamor, I know I shall not return to Market Table. I appreciate the restaurant's use of locally produce, and the many vegetarian choices. That's not good enough, however.

• Visited September 2012
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“First Time NOT Good at All”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a fairly new restaurant. I would expect them to want to make a good impression, but my impression of them is poor to say the least. Perhaps it was just "a bad day", but let me explain. A friend and I went in today (Sept 4, 2012) for lunch. I ordered the "Market Burger" my friend ordered the chili. My friend's chili arrived quickly, and so did my soup. Except that I did NOT order soup! Oops. OK, not a big deal. 15 minutes later my burger came out. I had ordered it with a side salad, and dressing on the side. I got a burger with literally 5 pieces of lettuce smoothered in some dressing. I asked for a pickle, but that must have been too much to ask for, since it was not included. Half the burger was delicious I must say, the other half raw. I had ordered it medium. The waitress did not bother to ask how things were. All in all, I can wholeheartedly say this was a very poor experience. I would NOT recommend this restaurant. I think Molly's, Lou's, Murphey's, and most any other place in Hanover is MUCH better. Also, to add insult to injury, the burger was $13.50. It was not worth $13.50, especially when it was half-baked (literally) and came with 5 pieces of lettuce.

• Visited September 2012
“A very good bistro near Dartmouth”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The menu is good though not extensive, wine list very good as well. The food quality is excellent and the kitchen is open so you can see how clean everything is. This seems to be mainly a bkfst and lunch place although dinner is offered. The ambience is fine although perhaps a little dark - there is also an outside eating area. Service is all by 18-23 year olds so can be fine or VERY indifferent. Baked goods and salads are the fortes here - for burgers etc consider other spots in town.