“Fantastic gelato!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Hanover
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were recently in Hanover and stopped at Morano's based on Trip Advisor reviews. Their gelato is wonderful. It's some of the best gelato I've had. I especially loved the cinnamon and the salted chocolate. The strawberry and mango were both phenomenal, too. I highly recommend. Your only challenge will be which flavors to get and how many times you can get back for more.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Found this place in a local area magazine touting it's deliciousness. It is the best gelato I have ever had. We arrived just in time about 8:00 and a few moments later that wait was about 20 minutes as a movie must have just let out. My wife daughter and I all had different flavors, but even though they were smalls they gave us two flavors. It was GREAT! And the price was not bad either. Staff was wonderful, the place was spotless, and the variety of flavors was awesome. Definitely a must taste stop when in Hanover.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Praises for the owner of this establishment, quality ingredients, creative flavors and creations daily.
Staff is friendly and market their gelato well, it looks clean and inviting not to mention a line out the door!

Pricing is appropriate for items sold here.

Well done, keep up the great work.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Every flavor is made freshly every day at this establishment, and the popular ones disappear as the evening wears on, so be warned. Also be advised that the fruit flavors that would be any gelateria's standbys are, unfortunately, the weak suit at Morano; they're simply not very fruity. Stick with classics such as pistachio, hazelnut, coffee or coconut. For the very adventurous, chocolate with chile flakes could be a nice departure from the tried and true.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stopped here at the insistence of our son when visiting him one weekend. He says it has been called the best gelato place in the US, and after eating here I can't argue with that. The space is open, airy, and very clean. When you walk in you see a counter full of glossy, deeply colored gelato piled up in their own trays. They had no problem with giving samples, which was necessary, since it was hard to choose! I had a small scoop of dark chocolate (I am a chocolate lover, and this was rich, creamy, and darkly fudgy) and a small scoop of rice gelato, which tasted like the most sublime rice pudding, complete with small, tender pieces of rice. My husband got the Espresso - he is a coffee lover, and he was very pleased with the flavor. I am already thinking about what to get next time we visit...

Been to Morano Gelato? Share your experiences!