“YUM!!! So worth it!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Hanover
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my second visit to Morano Gelato. I love it so much that if I'm visiting Hanover, I feel a need to see the day's offerings. Be it known that Espresso hooked me in on my first visit. Both visits have been later in the day when the selections can start to dwindle.

On this day, it was all about the chocolate for me. Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate and Almond Cookie. If you need a dense flavor chocolate fix, I just described it to you. I will try different flavors on each future visit because I like variety. But, if there is Espresso, I might have to put it in the dish.

Be prepared for a line that moves steadily. It gives you time to think about the single flavor you want most or which flavors might work well together. When it is your time to order, please be ready. The rest of us are waiting. LOL!

Enjoy!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Morano Gelato is very popular and apparently they are going about their business the right way by emphasizing freshness and authenticity. For about $5.50 my partner and I tried strawberry and sweet cream as a combination, because strawberries were just in season and sweet cream because we were in the grips of the Wimbledon tennis tournament where strawberries and cream are a tradition. The cup you receive for this price is not large, which is fine if the quality is there and the gelato is as dense and flavorful as their website asserts. Alas, the strawberry flavor did not taste fresh. You could see bits of strawberry but it tasted much more of a weak, unassertive, flavored dairy than what you are led to expect; and with the texture like soft serve. Strawberry was their most popular flavor and sweet cream their least -- and that was strange because the sweet cream was a marked improvement. Too bad we received about three times the volume of strawberry. How is it inside? Nothing special. Tables and a plain environment. Friendliness? Okay, no complaints. Recommended? It's low risk so go ahead but I recommend that you try something other than strawberry.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Oh, the Illy coffee, the hazelnut gelato, the choice of flavors, the helpful service, and the sparkling cleanliness of the place. Could not have been better in any way...

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We haven't had dessert at a Hanover restaurant since they opened!
Very creative flavors made daily and more flavors now that they have expanded

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I'm surprised at the quality of the restaurants and cafes in this area. A discussion with a stranger about coffee and hazelnut gelato led me here, as well as a few other gems that I've discovered over my week in as the locals call it "The Upper Valley"