“Not worth the money”
Review of Umpleby's Bakery

Umpleby's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Hanover
Description: Can you please add sandwiches and/or lunch spot to your type of cuisines. Bakery is so limiting and doesn't really describe many places that sell sandwiches on homemade bread and coffee and salads etc.
Reviewed November 8, 2011

There was nothing outstanding about this place. None of the pastries looked that good, and the service was very poor. I ordered a cappuccino and a slice of boston cream pie. My drink had almost no foam in it, and the cake was so stale I just threw it away after one bite.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Bakeries abound. Muffins, scones, cookies, breads and rolls come in all shapes, sizes, and qualities. Umpleby's has two things that set it apart from the pack. First, the servers: I have been to Umpleby's a half dozen times in the last six months, and every time the servers were pleasant, informative, and enthusiastic. This last time, when I picked up a day-old muffin, the server said, "yes, the strawberry muffins yesterday were really good." She knew her merchandise and confirmed my choice. The strawberry muffin is also an example of the other way Umpleby's stands out: it is different. Even in berry season, few bakeries make strawberry muffins; few bakers have the courage to try something different for their clients. Umpleby's has that courage. And even with an old standard like a blueberry muffin, Umpleby's muffins have more blueberries than average. The fruit tarts are authentic. The sandwiches have good flavor. The breads are crusty, and the cookies taste like more. As an accomplished amateur pastry baker, I am critical of bakeries.I have enjoyed everything I have gotten at Umpleby's and I look forward to every opportunity to return to it.

Been to Umpleby's Bakery? Share your experiences!