“Disappointing - not what we expected”
Review of Hampton Falls Inn

Hampton Falls Inn
Quebec
“Disappointing - not what we expected”
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed there 2 nights. There was supposed to be a restaurant next to the hotel where we could have breakfast (although not for free), but it had ceased operations. Service at the reception was good, but the room cleaning was not so good. After the first night, we needed another roll of toilet paper, but the maid didn't provide us with a new one. She also didn't leave enough bathing towels for everybody in our party (even though they were aware of how many we were). There were cigarette burns on the floor even though this was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The traffic on Route 1 was pretty noisy too from our room, although it didn't keep us from sleeping since we were so tired at the end of our day. It wasn't very far from Hampton Beach (about a 10 min. car ride). Oh yeah, I could see outside when I was looking around the A/C machine from inside the room, so I didn't like that much, but we didn't see any insects or anything inside the room. As for the shower, it was way too low for any of us, which made showering very difficult. The water temperature varied a lot - from cold to very hot (no in-between)... Also, the mattress was very squeaky (and we were not the ones causing it to squeak!). The indoor pool was nice!

If you're not planning to go to the beach, don't expect a lot from this location, as there are only a few outlets nearby, but no mall and no movie theatre. There's always Boston a 45-minute ride away though!

If I go back to Hampton Beach, I'll probably try and find another place to stay...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Aaaaahhhhh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
branford, ct
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We needed a place to stay on short notice so after calling a few hotels and getting prices, we decided to check out the Hampton Falls Inn. We are so glad that we did! The person that greeted us at the front desk was very pleasant and accomodating. The lobby was very nice with a few comfortable chairs, a couch, and a coffee machine. We were very surprised when we opened the door to our room. The room was very spacious. There was a couch and a coffee table along with the queen sized bed, another table, and a bureau with a TV. There was also an area with a large counter and a sink. The shower and toilet were separated from the sink area. The shower was a bit akward because the shower head was too low on the wall. There was also an area with another sink, a microwave, and a refrigerator. There was a little balcony outside our room with chairs. The room was very clean. The hallways and the rest of the hotel were clean as well. The indoor pool was nice, as was the jacuzzi. The small breakfast restaurant appeared to be no longer in business, but that was okay because there were many places to get breakfast around the hotel. The location was great, about 5 minutes from Hampton Beach. There were restaurants right down the street along with drugstores and a grocery store.
Overall, we were extremely satisfied with this hotel and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
MA
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I stayed at the Hampton Falls Inn with my younger sister and her friend during June 2008. We were going to see a show at the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom and all the hotels near the beach were a bit more expensive than I wanted to pay. I came across the website for the Hampton Falls Inn and the price was right, so I booked.
We arrived at the hotel at around 2:00 in the afternoon and were able to check in right away. The person at the desk was was cordial, and check in went in smoothly. We went directly up to our room, and were greeted with an overwhelming perfume smell (which we did eventually get used to). The room itself was a typical hotel room with two double beds, a "dressing area" (with the sink and mirror), a small bathroom, and a fridge/microwave. The mattresses were soft and kind of springy, but everyone slept ok. The bathroom was clean, but there was what looked to be a cigarette burn on the linoleum floor (this was a non-smoking room). The water pressure was fine, but it took almost ten minutes for the water to get hot. The shower head was placed low on the wall, and at 5' 8" I had to bend backwards to get my head under it. The room had a private balcony with a view of some open land and the road.
The hotel was about an eight minute drive to the Hampton Beach area (we had a GPS, but even without it it would have been an easy drive) and about a five minute drive in the opposite direction to an area with some restaurants and a Walgreens.
The hotel had a pool and hot tub, but I didn't use/see it, so I can't comment. The only staff I ever encountered were the desk clerks (day & night), and they were both nice enough. There is a restaurant on-site, but we did not eat there.
If I were ever going to the Hampton Beach area again, I would try to get a hotel closer to the beach, if only to save on the gas driving back and forth. However, this hotel was a good place to stay for the price, and I would stay there again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Scent of the room, water temperature
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank mm81
Corinth, Vermont
Reviewed October 30, 2007

We were looking for a base for a short getaway at nearby Plum Island, Massachusetts. Initially we looked at hotels in the Hampton Beach strip area but they seemed loud, dirty and shabby or too expensive. This place was extremely comfortable with nice sized rooms and was only 20 minutes to Plum Island beach and 10 to Hampton Beach. It is very easy to get to along a section of Rt. 1 that has plenty of restaurants and stores if you need something but not so busy as to be noisy. The breakfast menu in the attached restaurant seemed a little pricey and there are lots of other choices for meals nearby. The reception area was very comfortable and the check-in staff were excellent--very friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Location, convenience, price, comfort
  • Disliked — no complimentary breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AJVermont
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Was traveling on I-95 when winter conditions required an overnight stay. I pulled off the exit and found the Hampton Falls Inn. The Inn was nicely appointed, staff was friendly and very helpful. My room was quite, clean and comfortable. Being a single female traveling on the road several times a year I was apprehensive about not having a reservation but the staff made me feel right at home and have added this Inn to my company's list of prefered hotels. I hightly recommend this Inn.

• Liked — Great rates, friendly staff
  • Disliked — no bar
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank lkkoolkat
North Conway, NH
Reviewed August 8, 2006

We had a great time at the Hampton Falls Inn. My Husband and I enjoyed the spacious and comfortable room. The pool area was very clean and relaxing. We had a great breakfast at their small diner. The staff was very attentive and helped us make reservation for dinner. The hotel is less than one hour from Boston adn very close to the beach, which is 2 of our favorite places to go to get away. Thanks for a great time!

• Liked — Location, size of room, friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank advntre-seeker
Reviewed July 21, 2006

Smell of body order in the halls.
Beds are rock hard with cheap bed covers.
Pillows are cheap fibre fill.
Water in the room was dangerously hot then cold, could not control the water temp.
Phone in the room did not work.

Very dated hotel in need of big improvement.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the problems with the shower
  • Tips/Secrets — travel down to the beach and stay at the Ashworth by the Sea

Ashworth by the Sea
#4 of 41 in Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Hampton Inn by Hilton Amesbury

Been to Hampton Falls Inn? Share your experiences!