“unauthorized charges to my card”
Review of Hampton Falls Inn

Hampton Falls Inn
Reviewed August 28, 2012

10 days after I checked out, they charged my card for additional days that I was no longer there and that I did not authorize. When I called to speak with someone about the unauthorized charges I was told that they did not know I was gone! They refused to correct the charges!
I would not recommend staying here, but if you do, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD!!.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank shannon w

Reviewed August 6, 2012

After booking online a month in advance, when I went to check in they only had me for one night when I had booked for two. After sorting that out, we got to our room which smelled bad; a non-smoking room with a deck which people obviously had smoked on with the door open. Other than the smell and the lack of towels, the room was clean and the fridge and microwave worked. We had to keep asking for towels; bath and pool towels. The front desk always gave us the towels we needed but not exactly convenient. Luckily we were in a handicap accessible room close to front desk. The ice machine was empty, they only had soda vending machines (not convenient when we wanted a snack), the free coffee tasted bad but I suspect that was due to the water. The water smelled bad and the smell was on us after a shower. The lobby and hallway was always clean, there was minimal noise-from other guests and from traffic. The location was great, not too far from beach or restaurants. The pool was warm, and yes it was green (as another reviewer pointed out) but I suspect that was due not to algae or something gross but the type of chemicals used. The hot-tub worked and the pool area was always clean, the air temperature was perfect. Over-all I'd have to say that I probably would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor which was a great place to be, easily accessible to front desk, pool, and...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I don't typically like to point out the obvious after staying at a hotel, but our recent experience at this hotel had to be shared.
A very quick description , YUCK...
Do not take small children here. Everything was dirty, table, floor, bathroom, tub, windows, sink, all of it. Broken chair, broken porch rail, looked like someone had previously kicked in the door. Much needed repairs required.
I couldn't get my kids to shower because the water was brown and smelled. They were cleaned in the ocean and the pool!
Weekend would have been better at a different location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MEC959
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We needed a family friendly place to stay for the four of us that was close to my Mother & my Sister. We had tried several places in the area, some which are good, and some that are not. We decided to try Hampton Falls Inn. It looked pretty nice from the website, and the reviews weren't bad. Well, looks are deceiving, really deceiving. Here are some observations that me, my Wife and Sons put together.

Generally - the hotel is long overdue for a refurbishment. The room looked nothing like the web photos. Pricey given the condition we had.

Negatives:

1. Smoking room smell, burn marks on furniture and bedspreads. Even though it's listed as "No Smoking", it is obvious throughout the hotel that folks do.

2. Old, thin, stained sheets. Obvious that cleanliness isn't standard. Dried blood, hairs.

3. Bugs - Killed several flying and crawling types of insects.

4. Thin, small towels. They're not very effective.

5. Stains in sink and toilet.

6. Metallic smelling water in shower.

7. Loud and ineffective air conditioning.

8. Antiquated tube TV sets. No real cable offerings either.

9. Just one central light in bedroom - separate reading lights would have been nice.

10. Pool water looked greenish. Could have been because the pool itself was stained.

Positives:

1. Free wi-fi throughout

2. Spacious family room, but not value for money at $205 a night.

3. Walk out deck from the pool area.

Room Tip: Look someplace else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel looks great on the outside, lobby is pretty, rooms are so-so. Our patio door handle was broken so it made it very hard to open and close it, there was no breakfast, hardly any vending machines, the pool around was pretty but the water was cool, and the hot tub water was more luke warm. If youre looking for somewhere to lay your head at night for a decent price, close to the beach, this is a great place, if youre looking for the wow factor go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Had to stay here as a last resort, all hotels in the area were booked. Service was pleasant. Hotel was 'bare' and felt very dirty. Shower had stains in it, the water from the sink and shower had a brown hue. The shower drain was plugged---so there water was around your ankles by the time you were done. Amenities/furniture in the room were old---and just felt very dirty. Pillows were like pancakes and the sheets/blankets did not looked washed. Empty beer bottles were on the balcony from previous quests, the balcony hasn't been attended to in years---chipped paint and in disrepair.
Nice area, relatively close to the beach and restaurants---but not even close to being worth $140 before tax.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jplion89
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We went to Hampton Beach last weekend. When we arrived the service at the front desk was very slow with another couple checking in. When we opened the doors to the hotel we noticed a bed that looked like it collapse. The refrigerator was frozen with ice through out. The bed we stripped and the pillowcases were covered with blood stains, we found some type of medication (pills/ left in the bureau drawer! The sink faucets were covered with looked like a month supply of everyones spit(toothpaste on it). The toilet had a slip of paper on it that made you think it would be clean. Umm...wow were we shocked when we opened it and the water was black. We were totally disgusted with this place!!!! Would not even let a pet of mine walk in there. We were refunded our money and almost feel like the health inspectors should have been called. DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE THEY CALL AN INN......I would never writed anything bad unless it was true, just don't want some unexpected family to show lup and see this....be very afraid, I have never seen or ever stayed in a placed like this, guess I should have realized when they were the only ones available on line that it could have been a disaster.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Ashworth by the Sea
#5 of 41 in Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter

Been to Hampton Falls Inn? Share your experiences!