“Ok but no extras”
Review of Hampton Falls Inn

Hampton Falls Inn
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel looks great on the outside, lobby is pretty, rooms are so-so. Our patio door handle was broken so it made it very hard to open and close it, there was no breakfast, hardly any vending machines, the pool around was pretty but the water was cool, and the hot tub water was more luke warm. If youre looking for somewhere to lay your head at night for a decent price, close to the beach, this is a great place, if youre looking for the wow factor go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Falls Inn

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Had to stay here as a last resort, all hotels in the area were booked. Service was pleasant. Hotel was 'bare' and felt very dirty. Shower had stains in it, the water from the sink and shower had a brown hue. The shower drain was plugged---so there water was around your ankles by the time you were done. Amenities/furniture in the room were old---and just felt very dirty. Pillows were like pancakes and the sheets/blankets did not looked washed. Empty beer bottles were on the balcony from previous quests, the balcony hasn't been attended to in years---chipped paint and in disrepair.
Nice area, relatively close to the beach and restaurants---but not even close to being worth $140 before tax.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jplion89
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We went to Hampton Beach last weekend. When we arrived the service at the front desk was very slow with another couple checking in. When we opened the doors to the hotel we noticed a bed that looked like it collapse. The refrigerator was frozen with ice through out. The bed we stripped and the pillowcases were covered with blood stains, we found some type of medication (pills/ left in the bureau drawer! The sink faucets were covered with looked like a month supply of everyones spit(toothpaste on it). The toilet had a slip of paper on it that made you think it would be clean. Umm...wow were we shocked when we opened it and the water was black. We were totally disgusted with this place!!!! Would not even let a pet of mine walk in there. We were refunded our money and almost feel like the health inspectors should have been called. DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE THEY CALL AN INN......I would never writed anything bad unless it was true, just don't want some unexpected family to show lup and see this....be very afraid, I have never seen or ever stayed in a placed like this, guess I should have realized when they were the only ones available on line that it could have been a disaster.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Raven196445
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am not the kind of person that just likes to bash on a hotel or praise them if the service was poor. This was a rather disappointing experience. This was my first time staying here, a buddy and I were playing cards next door in the poker room. When I made the reservation, I was given a quote price with a AAA discount. I locked in the price and was also told that I could check in anytime after 11 am. We got to the hotel and around 11:30/12 and went to check in. The man at the counter stated that we could not check in until at least 2 pm. So be it, not a big deal. We played cards and went to check in around 7pm. They asked for my credit card and i get the copy to sign that states a price of about $25 higher then the quote price. I asked what happened to the AAA discount and the lady rudely stated that they don't offer a AAA discount during the summer. I argued the fact that the lady on the phone over 3 months ago quoted a price and it was much lower. The lady said that there was nothing that could be done. Once again, so be it. We get to our room and it appeared rather clean upon first walking in. I looked in the bathroom and there was a band around the toilet seat that had some statement about being cleaned. I open the toilet and it was stained horribly. Once again, so be it. I look at the shower and the shower head is broken with the back piece all rusted and just dangling there. The shower head itself probably could have given someone tetanus. I turned on the shower and more water ran down the back of the shower then out of the shower head. The bathroom was one of the dirtiest bathroom's I have ever seen. Besides the bathroom, the hotel room itself was very nice. The bed was comfortable. The table that was in the room had about 2 inches of dust inside the design on the top of the table. I would not have eaten off from it. All in all, for what we needed, it worked. The place was quiet during sleeping hours. In the morning, we decided to try out the pool instead of using the shower as the shower was gross. The pool was alright. It could def use some remodeling, but who am I to judge. I did feel somewhat clean after using the pool. I think it was a better choice then using the shower. At checkout, the lady at the counter was very nice. She asked about the stay and I asked her about the AAA discount situation. She stated that she had just started working there, but stated that could send her supervisor an email about the situation. I declined that option and she continued to push the issue. She was very pleasant, probably the only nice person there. Overall, I have stayed at a lot of hotels and this was not the worst experience, but I just didn't like the service. I also didn't like the fact that they had given me a quote price of about $25 cheaper. I would have stayed somewhere else if I had the choice. Hopefully this review helps. I am always 100% honest in reviews. This is not the worst place to stay, but it was far from being the one of my top 10.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank stetruth
Reviewed June 23, 2012

When we first arrived the service was slow and there were people in the lobby asking for pool towels because there weren't any down there. The room was disgusting. The curtains were torn to shreds at the bottom and there was a layer of dust on the floor in addition to numerous lint balls floating around. We got a no smoking room and it smelled very strongly of cigarettes. There were stains everywhere from lamp shades to sheets on the bed. The porch was rotting and the door to go outside does not have a lock on it (in fact it has a piece of metal where the lock hole would be). The toilet had a strip around that said "sanitized" but the water was a weird orange color. Stay far away!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank judyromatelli12845
Reviewed June 18, 2012

There are very few motels with a pool and hot tub that are less then $100.00 (in the Summer), much less HFI's $69.00, so near the ocean in New Hampshire. We were concerned that we might have booked an 'under maintained' facility. The pool was excellent; the hot tub very good as well, and the room was clean and comfortable. With a superb breakfast facility next door, it's a great place to stay. We had 3 grandaughters with us who had a great time in the pools. I strongly recommend it. R.D. & P.L. Moore

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stay here every year and each time this place is spotless. It is always the same furniture, (and in good shape), but who cares? I was nervous coming here yesterday because of the unfavorable reviews and was very happy to find the room, (clean and fresh), carpeting, (not dirty at all), beds, (not squeaky, with comfortable mattresses and fluffy piliows), and bath, (clean too, with it's vanity and seat with which to use to put make-up on), very satisfactory. I am sitting here at a comfortable table w/padded chairs typing while looking out through one of two open sliding doors onto a green country field and beyond to a little strawberry stand. The other reviewers were right in one thing...this is not the Ritz, or the Boca Raton Hotel and Club, (where I am from), but, if you value peace and quiet, along with a friendly staff, I would very much recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
#5 of 41 in Hampton
Hampshire Inn Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern

Been to Hampton Falls Inn? Share your experiences!