“Only the pictures do it justice...”

Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Stayed at the BW for 2 nights. First night we checked in there was a nasty hair smack in the middle of the bathroom floor. I realize hairs are hard to clean/pick up, etc. But this was right in the middle, totally obvious. Yuck. Didn't shower morning #1, I shower every other day. Morning #2 rolls around, and the shower head is COVERED in mold. As in so disgusting there is no way I am showering....I am not gonna be breathing in those particles. Had we had more time to get to our meeting, I of course would have asked for another room to shower in or for a new shower head. Unfortunately, off we went, un-showered. Yuck.

I did tell the person at the front desk how disappointed I was, and he comped me Best Western points even though I booked on Orbitz and don;t normally qualify for points. And he apologized. all of the above is great, but doesn't make up for no shower :-(

Lastly, one of the reasons I booked the BW is for the breakfast. Let's just suffice to say that day #2 we found a local diner instead. Oh, also, my colleagues bed was SO very loud, he literally couldn't flinch without it squeaking.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed December 2, 2009

Have stayed at this property a number of times over the last 10 years. It has changed somewhat over the years from the original ownership to the current Best Western owner. Rooms are starting to show their age but they remain comfortable and clean. Everyone was friendly. Room prices are a little high, but the area is that way. Ron Jullian's is across the street and has some of the best food around.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I was photographing a wedding and the reception was held in the attached conference center so this property fit the bill perfectly.
It was clean, the bathroom was clean, the beds didn't have the nasty comforter covers/blankets one so often finds in hotels (and always wonders how often they are actually washed) but comforters covered with fresh, clean linens. Nice!
The water pressure was fantastic, I had plenty of towels and more than enough room being a single traveler. I would have to say that if my husband had been traveling with me, the bathroom might have been a bit tight.
Only slight downside was that the curtains would close all the way in the middle so anybody walking across the parking lot could have peeked into my room through the sheer curtains. But that was my only gripe.

Breakfast was free and plenty, fresh milk, juices, coffee, pancakes, eggs, hashed browns and much more, more than sufficient but a Dunkin' Donuts is also just down the street. Overall, I was very pleased. Didn't check out the swimming pool.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Not the cleanest. Tiny bathroom. Beds were quite old.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Our group only stayed at this hotel one night. The beds were comfortable, but the rooms smelled damp. There were ants comming out from under the toilet in Rm. 141.The shower curtains stunk. The pool was green and dirty. Although the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We went to a show at the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom and stayed at this hotel for one night. It was conveniently located off the "strip" so it was quiet. It's near a gas station and grocery store. Our room was clean, we felt safe, and the front desk folks were very nice and helpful. Our room was the closest to the front desk and the front door and still it was absolutely quiet. It met our needs.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Its the nicer Hotel so far in the area, was $94 a night last year in 2008 and checked back this year it raises to $170 a night, wondering why.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Ashworth by the Sea
#6 of 41 in Hampton
Hampton House Hotel
Hampton House Hotel
#7 of 41 in Hampton

Been to Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton? Share your experiences!